Sound/ shop design (aesthetics)

Reaction score
    So recently things like dynamic shadows, normal maps and higher resolution textures have been added into the game. This is good.

However it'd be nice if more focus was put on sound design as large swathes of the game are silent. I've noticed a large number of sound files are already in the game folders, and I'm wondering why they're not in use. Of course I imagine that sound design is on the backburner for now since it's likely that sounds for weapons will be part of the big weapons update.

Still, would be nice to have some focus on the sound design. This includes music. Perhaps the devs could announce some community Starmade music design thing? I'm sure many of us in the community would like the opportunity to contibute.

Also, the shop designs seem out of date. Presumably the shops were designed quite early on in devlopment - before wedges and such. Perhaps a new shop design could be introduced using some new blocks.

Obviously these are fairly minor, but they're aspects that may be worth a little attention.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    In addition to better-looking shops, can we also have better-looking stations (both neutral and pirate)? I\'d be happy to do the work for it, and I\'m sure I\'m not the only one.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Those of us in the inner circles are indeed pushing for better sound. It\'ll happen eventually... ;)

(And yes, the shop design dates way back....)

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Will the sounds and all the other major improvements have to wait until a purchaseable beta? ;)