Sound Initialization Error source

Reaction score
    Hello,
    i'm unable to play with sound since 0.1 version (sound init error box appears).

I had/have no errors on previous versions so it must be something that was changed in 0.1.

Can someone from dev team help me and post here what exactly was changed in 0.1 concerning sound/audio? It would be a great help.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Got the same problem (sound initialization error appeared when playing once) and now sounds never work nor give an error. Problem started when I switched to Google Chrome while launching the game (Schine animation), may just be coincidental however. Error appeared on the main menu once it loaded.

Any help will save me from silence-driven insanity.

Thanks,
    Kidd

P.S: I'm guessing posting here is better than making a new thread? Not exactly clear. =S

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    I also have this problem. The error popped up once, sound never came back.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Occasionally the sound will get a sound initiation error, and from that point on sound will be disabled.
    There is a setting in the settings.cfg file.

Make sure they are set to true

This file is stored in your starmade directory. The easiest way to find your starmade directory is with the Launcher.

Just click on the gear icon next to "Build Type" and the "Build Type Options" window will pop up.

Good Luck