Sound Blocks

Reaction score
    Simple blocks that connect to logic and produce sounds, things like alarms and other indicator sounds would be a nice atmospheric touch to start.

Going to piggyback another suggestion.
    Weapon systems give a logic signal when activated/fired. Could be useful for example if a drone was connected to wireless and that wireless was in a command center type area with display module listing it's last known coordinates etc. The wireless connects to a light and it blinks, thus letting you know if a particular drone has encountered an enemy and where.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    This is a good idea
    Different from other sound post !!

I would like to have alarm block:)

And i suggest there can have different sound in the alarm block
    like "ringtones", and like rail rotator, player can select the "ringtones"
    by linking to different amount of activation block at ON stage.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Totally, this may be useful in a lot of ways
    Like the elevator ringing once it reaches the desired floor

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I like this idea - I'd love to tie it into a weapon system for a weapon has armed like the nuke has reloaded or missiles the longer reload weapons you don't always pay attention to in a slug fest

or a alarm when your shields drop bellow __% or energy supply - would give allot of creative options

Reaction score
    I think you should be able to specify a sound file, so if the server or client has that file, it would play.
    Having some control over how far it goes and how much it dissipates over that area would be nice as well.

Oce

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I was thinking about something like this at work today.

An alarm block to sound when you have been hit ( And be able to be editable to sound once, or continues like the red alert in Star Trek for example)

An intruder alarm (Maybe motion sensors that you can whitelist people for)

I think you should be able to specify a sound file
    I like this idea. I'm sure that is there is a few sounds to chose from there will be something for everyone.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    How about linking another sound block causes the slaved block to play the same sound as the main block simultaneously, allowing for ship- or station-wide alert systems, thus allowing for a sound radius to prevent distant audio spam, but also allowing for alerts to be specifically where you need them to be heard.

I like the idea of slaving the sound block to another device to create audio alerts on a system's use, and I think the block should come with 3 default tones (alarm, notification, activation) and have the list of playable sounds be expandable in config. It would be nice to know when my turrets detect a target before I'm surrounded...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    That would be good, plus being able to go to alert status on the bridge and then have the alert klaxon sound throught the ship, plus hook it up to an activation block to allow all the lights to switch off and then have red lights flare on until the alert ends... RED ALERT!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    as well as star trek, battlestar galactica, stargate, firefly, and any other space show you can think of.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I was going to make a Sound Block suggestion, but I see that the idea has already gathered gravity!

Much as Chaus mentoned, I also considered blocks that produced various sounds. They could be fairly simple, firing off certain set sounds when fed a signal, or they could have a more complex interface where a soundbyte is selected with a slider for volume, volume falloff, range, pitch and tempo. This would be further augmented with input options for 'always on', 'play once' or 'looping'; the former would require no logic, where the latter two would fire off when fed a signal, either once or until the signal terminated respectively.

If you all wish to be extra-fancy, you may even give us an option to upload small midis, because who doesn't desire elevator music in their station?

No offense Schine, but the sound in starmade is a poop, personally I find sound to be as important - if not more so - than graphics for making a game engaging, I think something like this would add a great deal of immersion to the game without piling a huge budget into fancy sound-stuff (but that would be nice too)

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    as well as star trek, battlestar galactica, stargate, firefly, and any other space show you can think of.
    Nope, Firefly does it properly. The very first scene is in space and the only sound is their voices on the radio.

Anyways, the idea here is great. Better than your average sound block thread.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Starmade is definitely lacking a bit in the old sound department for sure. I personally would like to have ambient noises on my ship, say like a low hum in the engine room.