Sound block!

Reaction score
    Add a sound block, as logic, which you can connect to other logic block! Say you connect a sound block with a activation module, you can select a sound from the list given and when you put it on or off it will output a sound. You can make door sounds elevator sounds, I figured it will make the game more lively.

Reaction score
    Eh, the same thing has been suggested many times, and gets largely ignored every time, because the devs are focusing on something else. At the moment they are actually working on getting the key features of the game in the game. This means that stuff like sound and visuals will be taking a back seat until the key mechanics have been properly implemented.

At some point in the future there probably will be an update that will replace the current placeholder sound system in the game currently, with an actual sound system. Until then, you'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Well for those that want to swap out some of the games sounds currently in use go to:

yourstarmadefolder\data\audio-resource\

Here you find nine more folders with various used and unused sound files all in .ogg or .wav format.

One of the first things to swap out would probably be the noice your Ships Core makes when your in or near it.

yourstarmadefolder\data\audio-resource\Ambience Loops\0022_ambience loop - interior cockpit (loop).ogg

Make sure to use the exact same file name when changing these sound files.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I like the idea of a logic block for control at that granular level.
    I've suggested a sound pack system in the past, but for a logic controlled block you would want to be able to use a sound pack and also have a fallback of default sounds to select from. That way, if somebody doesn't have your klaxon sound, there's a default one that can pop up.