• Zuul

Votes: 2 11.8%
    • Morrigi

Votes: 1 5.9%
    • Other (please post)

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    With all this replica shipbuilding going on, I'm a bit amazed that I've still yet to find anyone making Sword of the Stars ships. They're real beauties, even if most of the details are too small for StarMade.
    I've built a 1:1 scale SotS Human DE-class ship (Standard Command, Armor, Fission) and am starting a cruiser today.
    Feedback is welcome (I'm working in the dev build btw).

First ship - Human Armor DE:
    I'm really not sure how to improve the ship's design. The front's the biggest problem, and I went off of only a few images for reference. I had to sacrifice the node ring design in the end to get a good amount of thrust (the ship is quite speedy), and I didn't bother trying to put in any of the small mount weapons; at least I could get in a missile launcher, albeit in a fixed mount.
    Stats:
    Mass: 57.0
    Length: 33 m
    Width: 13 m
    Height: 13 m
    Power: 1849.7 e/s
    Thrust: 107.0 (thrust/mass ratio:1.877)
    Turning Speed: 2.8 X/Y, 1.7 Z
    Shields: 0
    A few views from outside:

Build mode lightened profile view:
    Firing a missile (arcs very much like in SotS):

Interior (certainly straying from canon):
    Bridge:

Core room (standing same place as bridge, but looking back through an open door. green thing is faction module, directly in front of core. Plexdoors on the left and right are the ship's entrance to the bridge from outside.):

Bedrooms (standing to the right of core, looking through an open door):

Bedrooms (standing inside the room):
    Ship download.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Image links appear to be broken, and the Dropbox is either broken or has restricted access.

Reaction score
    Image links appear to be broken, and the Dropbox is either broken or has restricted access.
    Figures that Dropbox by default assumes you and only you want access to the stored stuff. The "share link" thing doesn't seem to be working, too (images don't seem to link correctly in the post); looks like I'll be using imgur for a bit.

EDIT:Changed links, but the ship download's still on dropbox. Is it working?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Figures that Dropbox by default assumes you and only you want access to the stored stuff. The "share link" thing doesn't seem to be working, too (images don't seem to link correctly in the post); looks like I'll be using imgur for a bit.

EDIT:Changed links, but the ship download's still on dropbox. Is it working?
    Yep, images and dropbox link all working now.

And how did you get that missile to move in an arc like that... TELL ME YOUR SECRETS

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    BB Missile computer facing up. I was quite surprised when it worked so beautifully first try.
    Oh well, then that means they have to be fired from a core and not the cockpit. Thanks anyway. Ship looks really nice and utilitarian by the way :)

Reaction score
    Oh well, then that means they have to be fired from a core and not the cockpit. Thanks anyway. Ship looks really nice and utilitarian by the way :)
    That's the human Sword of the Stars ships for ya. I actually found just now that this version is fatter in some places than it should be and made a new version with no bedroom, a skinnier middle, and an almost non-existent neck (I'm not sure whether in the lore they even have a door in the neck. I had to make a sideways door that vents both compartments...).
    I'll post a download and screenshots if people want it, but I must warn that it's got a terrible interior due to the smaller size constraints and, overall, I'm not as happy with it. It looks like only the cruisers will really be spaceworthy.

EDIT:Also, I was in the cockpit, not the core, when I fired those missiles. Dev build, remember.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Update: progress on the cruiser has moved slower than planned. I've finished the basic node ring shape (likely I'll just put some engines inside it later).
    Screenshots:
    Total current structure:

Closeup of the ring:

View of the area where I can't place pentas (dev build bug, entire ship segments don't render if a penta is in certain spots it seems):

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    That's the human Sword of the Stars ships for ya. I actually found just now that this version is fatter in some places than it should be and made a new version with no bedroom, a skinnier middle, and an almost non-existent neck (I'm not sure whether in the lore they even have a door in the neck. I had to make a sideways door that vents both compartments...).
    I'll post a download and screenshots if people want it, but I must warn that it's got a terrible interior due to the smaller size constraints and, overall, I'm not as happy with it. It looks like only the cruisers will really be spaceworthy.

EDIT:Also, I was in the cockpit, not the core, when I fired those missiles. Dev build, remember.
    Oh! I see. The new dev build. I don't have that, so I guess I'll have to wait.

Reaction score
    Finally, some SOTS ships. Personally, I always loved the Morrigi Cruisers, they remind me of ravens....

Reaction score
    Progress on the cruiser halted due to problems with getting a good sense of what's going on in the engine area. I'm going to make a quick Tarka destroyer tomorrow, then begin work on the cruiser's command section.

Reaction score
    TBH, I honestly wanted to have seen a hiver ship or liir ship design more than the other races.

Reaction score
    Well I just had to get in on this as Sots is my favorite 4x game ever. But anyone can build a sots 1 ship, while probably the worst game made ever Sots 2 had the best human ships ever. So even if its not a Sots1 ship I had to build a Sol force Sots 2 cruiser.

Because we learned to wield the sword of the stars.

I had to Eye ball most of the things so the scale is a bit off, sots2 kept crashing in window mode while using it as a reference. lolz

And of course, you have to have the spinning ring node drive so you look like a boss coming out of hyperspace.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Well I just had to get in on this as Sots is my favorite 4x game ever. But anyone can build a sots 1 ship, while probably the worst game made ever Sots 2 had the best human ships ever. So even if its not a Sots1 ship I had to build a Sol force Sots 2 cruiser.

Because we learned to wield the sword of the stars.

I had to Eye ball most of the things so the scale is a bit off, sots2 kept crashing in window mode while using it as a reference. lolz

And of course, you have to have the spinning ring node drive so you look like a boss coming out of hyperspace.

I like it, but you might want to smoothen some of the edges, to make it look better. The Alcubierre ring looks great!

Reaction score
    Why has this died...

I really loved SOTS ship designs, especially human because of the ring on the back, and so many ships get so close to the awesome ring position... then move it forward ruining it.

Reaction score
    So yea i voted other i was thinking a loa ship
    Also will we be able to download these once your finished