SOS Beacon, Allies Permission Block, chat copy

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    We need a way to better find friendly players in trouble. To that end I think we need a block that would work like so. You place a SOS Beacon block on a ship/station/planet and set it's level to public/allies/faction/personal. On taking damage it would send out a SOS with its coord's, no more than once a minute. Level set on the beacon would determine who sees the message. Lastly there would be a virtual nav entry to the beacon for the people seeing the message. This of course could also be used by pirates to set traps.

I would also love a Allies permission block, and a allies setting on the faction module.

Lastly, chat really needs a copy function so I can copy things from the chat window(s) into my browser/notepad.

ZektorSK

Poor boi from northern Hungary ^^
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Lastly, chat really needs a copy function so I can copy things from the chat window(s) into my browser/notepad.
    You can take a look at the log in game files... it haves complete chat history.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    We need a way to better find friendly players in trouble. To that end I think we need a block that would work like so. You place a SOS Beacon block on a ship/station/planet and set it's level to public/allies/faction/personal. On taking damage it would send out a SOS with its coord's, no more than once a minute. Level set on the beacon would determine who sees the message. Lastly there would be a virtual nav entry to the beacon for the people seeing the message. This of course could also be used by pirates to set traps.

I would also love a Allies permission block, and a allies setting on the faction module.

All of these are fantastic and should probably be their own thread. I would love for there to be an SOS block or function that allowed any ship to hear it in the area. It would even be useful for NPC factions.

PLIX

Thats XCOM baby!
    Reaction score
    it is cool cause it doesnt only attract friends but also enemies making it that you choose wther or not to do it (usaally used in extreme cases)
    and also yous hould be warned because what if

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    I would like the SOS beacon to turn on automatically when the ship gets overheated and I die. The personal setting should provide a Nav-beacon to help me to re-spawn and travel back to attempt salvage operations. Obviously a red & white pulsing beacon-light would help too.

(Yes to the allied thingy too.)