Soo, the mail system...

Reaction score
    So with the mail system came an idea. Not sure if such a thing has been suggested before, but meh, here it is again either way.

Anyhoo, the mail system. Currently you access it from anywhere, but, if it is the goal of servers to have community hubs, why not a "mail box" block you interact with to get your mail, much like how some MMOs have mailboxes.

But wait, what would stop people from just having one in their ship, negating the need for a hub and making a mail box block pointless? The block could be restricted to stations. Simple. Or the more complex alternative, but IMO, way cooler. The block works as advertised on stations. Access your veritable email anywhere there is a mail box block. Additionally, if you have a mailbox on a ship, it will sync up with the station mail as soon as you enter the sector/neighboring sectors, at which point you can hop out of your cockpit, head down to your own mess hall and read your mail over a nice cup of space coffee.

Anyhoo, that is just my 2 bits. I know its nothing revolutionary, but it is just an idea that came to mind.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I'd be fine with a simple block, even if you can put it on your ship and it doesn't have to synch. It would provide something interesting to do aboard your ship besides sit in the core and fly around pew pew-ing things.