Something for the Industryalist

Reaction score
    From what I have seen in other games, , ascent the game, eve, elite, there is a great hunger for the player base to build and sell to one another.

Having NPC shops removes those style of players from the servers.

Suggestion -
    1. Pirates drop credits when they die.
    2. Small amount of npc shops near the starter point in the game seeding basic items only, no advanced.
    3. Direct seeding from factory containers to shops.

This would encourage players that like to build to set-up shop and create a player based economy and encourage more interaction between players.

Sky

Reactions: SkylordLuke

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    You can actually change how often shops spawn and regulate what they offer. Specifics on how to do that are embedded into the forum in various places.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I like the idea of pirates dropping credits when they die, meaning more balanced loot drop, because the amount of credits dropped could be proportional to the cost of the pirate ship itself. Or even better, the cost of all its weapon+shield systems, meaning that the harder the pirate ship is to take down (more shielding and weapons it has) the more credits it'll drop.

Also, *industrialist. Sorry for my OCD, carry on :p

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Personally, I don't think they should drop credits. I think players should be automatically "awarded" credits for every block they destroyed at the moment the pirate ship starts overheating.
    1. This awards helper pilots who may have not delivered the finishing shot, but helped bring it down.
    2. This does not award credits for blocks that the player can still salvage and use, so this way, they aren't getting double-awarded.
    3. This reduces the need to look for the loot cloud and allows distance kills to still award players. (Currently, distance kills are a bad thing if you are seeking loot.)
    4. One less in-universe entity.

The credit counter should probably have a time limit, so that if you haven't attacked the particular pirate in, say, 5 minutes, you will not get any reward when someone finally does destroy that pirate. That way, you can't just take potshots at pirates on the way out of spawn, and expect a residual reward for next-to-no-effort when other players later finish off those same pirates.

Reactions: Nekrolysis