Some suggestions (additional thrusters, switch to modules)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi there, I've been playing starmade since a few days now and I have to say, it's awesome as f*ck!

Although it is in such an early state, it already is pretty great (I'm looking forward for future updates)

There are a few things I'd be grateful to see:

Some additional thrusters, such as:

- side thrusters (increases the speed of turning left/right)

- top/bottom thrusters (increases the speed of turning up/down, obviously)

- "DO A BARREL ROLL" - side thrusters (to roll faster)

Those should use a lot more power than casual thrusters, since those enable you to be mobile, even with big-ass starships (probably one of my biggest concerns, since the turning speed of a ~60 mass ship already is ridiculously low)

I'd also love to be able to somehow not only swap between cockpit/turret/core, but also swap to weapon modules, to be able to quickly get some better aim in a battle, even in singleplayer (without having to get out of the ship itself)

Greetings, GoDLloyD.

Reaction score
    No. I do not agree this unless it becomes impossible to turn/roll/etc. without these thrusters, and even then, they should all be soft capped on large ships to PREVENT faster large ship movement. Currently, big ships are only small ships that can\'t aim as fast, (but have equal top speed+acceleration), which is wrong. Big ships should turn like frozen molasses, accelerate even slower, and should have their barrel roll speed slowed down. The advantages need to be put in the Fighter court. It\'s no fun when you atttack a big ship, it accelerates to max speed in less than 2 sec, then you have no choice but to either a.) trail behind at the SAME max speed, unable to get ahead/into it\'s blind spots/anything else as the enemy cap ship just rotates at max speed and blows your shit to... shit, or b.) you let it go because you can\'t outmanuvure a ship that\'s litterally thousands of time your mass.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Of course I agree with your points and I should\'ve made my point more clear, of course there should be a softcap for bigger ships or some sort of cost for being more agile (such as enormous or even % energy consumption) but my points for suggesting this are/were:
    1. The turning speed gets ridiculously low at bigger ships (with a 500~ mass ship I need about 30 seconds for a full turn, or even more)

2. I didn\'t know you could enter docked ships/turrest via the up/down arrowkeys.