Some safety from pirates in spawn area

Reaction score
    So after long pause from game i came back to try what's new. I built a small ship and was a bit idling around next to spawn station with a friend. Pirates came and destroyed my little starter "ship" in a second... Luckily i had just enough of money left to make a tiny salvager ship.

Would it be possible to make the spawn area (roughly 2 sector radius around spawn sector) a safe zone, where pirates won't spawn in or come into?

Another observation though, was that the pirates in general seemed to spawn rather aggressively. It was a very difficult beginning of a game. Had i not known that i have to go and salvage high value plexglass from some station right away, there would've been not much of a chance to continue playing at all. Without cheats at least.

Reaction score
    I think the difficulty setting is hard by default, so that is probably why you are having trouble. Look for sector_chmod here: http://star-made.org/content/admin-commands to see how you can make a sector safe.

Reaction score
    Smacks OP several times.

I swear, this type of thread should be insta-closed...

Want a safezone?

Make spawn a safezone via server rules.
    Or.
    Add some turrets to kill anything that gets near.

Doomsider

Server scriptologist
    Reaction score
    The command is /sector_chmod 8 8 8 + peace

Reaction score
    Turrets dont seem to have been an option as they stated they had just started and made their first ship.