Some quick questions

Reaction score
    Some questions
    1) I like to make ships with doors so I can cover the ship core, obviously you should never expose it to enter your ship. Anyway, so I enter my ship, press R on the core to drive it, when im done driving I press R again and here is the problem, I appear outside of the ship. How can I make it so I appear inside the ship after im done flying it?

2) When you claim a space with the faction module, you are basically in god mode if you are inside it or it depends on the server configuration? Also is there a way to hide the fact the space is claimed?

If you zoom out a lot on the map (P) you can find every single claimed territories even if they are really far, or you need to explore it in person to see if its claimed? Because if you can see all claimed territories without visiting the place first it makes no sense, because claimed would basically be giving away your position way too easy.

3) Does it make sense to claim and put your spawn point and main base in a planet? I find the best thing to do is make a space station right next to a shop so you don't need to travel to a shop everytime you want to buy or sell. I would like to live inside a planet underground nicely hidden but the problem is I need to travel to a shop all the time so it's annoying. I feel like im better off making a space station next to a shop. What are the pros/cons?

4) Is "Camera" the new block for the old "Cockpit"?

5) Is it intended that you can hide the ends of your cannons (the cannon can shoot through the materials of your ship) or is this a bug?

Thats all for now, I havent played SM for a while so there is a lot of new blocks and stuff for me to learn, it's a big overwheelming. I hope total newbies don't get too overwheelmed with it. I still don't get the crafting method, it seems not very intuitive to me. There should be squares where you put things you want to craft, then separate squares that give you the resultant item. Right now its all mixed and its kind of a mess. Also there should be a "craft" button and some sounds and not just a bar that moves at the same speed at the time. I guess this will get more work in future releases. I also miss a lot of sounds like the a sound for the salvaging cannon, misiles, a sound when you are traveling at top speed (like rumble for the motors) whatever. I guess these details will get in the next releases.

Reaction score
    Some questions
    1) I like to make ships with doors so I can cover the ship core, obviously you should never expose it to enter your ship. Anyway, so I enter my ship, press R on the core to drive it, when im done driving I press R again and here is the problem, I appear outside of the ship. How can I make it so I appear inside the ship after im done flying it?

4) Is "Camera" the new block for the old "Cockpit"?

5) Is it intended that you can hide the ends of your cannons (the cannon can shoot through the materials of your ship) or is this a bug?
    1) Make sure to leave enough space on each side of your core and stop the ship before you exit. However sometimes you still appear outside of your ship.

4) Yes

5) It's intended as far as I know.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    1: Make enough room next to the core and you will spawn next to it.

2: Only home bases are invulnerable I believe. All other faction bases are susceptible to attack.

3: I have no idea if shops can be placed on a planet. Test it out. You can also make your own station a shop.

4: Camera is the new name for the cockpit. Its the same block.

5: You can hide your cannons. It is intended. Some people just want a different look.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    2: yes faction homebases can be vulnerable if the server enables it
    3: yes you can place a shop on a planet

Reaction score
    2: yes faction homebases can be vulnerable if the server enables it
    3: yes you can place a shop on a planet
    What do you guys mean with "yes you can place a shop on a planet"?
    AFAIK shops randomly generated and you cant build your own shops, only find them, so I don't get what you are saying with this.

1: Make enough room next to the core and you will spawn next to it.

2: Only home bases are invulnerable I believe. All other faction bases are susceptible to attack.

3: I have no idea if shops can be placed on a planet. Test it out. You can also make your own station a shop.

4: Camera is the new name for the cockpit. Its the same block.

5: You can hide your cannons. It is intended. Some people just want a different look.
    What does constitute a "home base" compared to other faction bases? Homebase is where the faction module is placed?
    So if I place the fation module in a planet/station the whole planet/station becomes invulnerable and that is your homebase?
    Do homebases show up on maps or only the claimed territory?
    How can I know if my homebase is or not invulnerable if it depends on the server?

Also another thing I thought off. Lets say you are a bit far from the spawn like 3,0,0 and a friend joins so he's at 0,0,0. I invite him to my faction.
    Will then he be able to see where I am so he can come straight to my homebase?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    When you place a faction module, there is a button in it's menu that turns the current structure/planet into your homebase (1 per faction) and it's location is shown on the faction hub.
    There is no way for him to know where you are without telling him however (unless you are at homebase, then he can just look it up)

The thing with "shops on planets" is them saying players can make their own shops (via Shop modules), which wasnt quite your question. The answer though is "whatever you want to do". The only con of planets I find is the gravity, and sometimes the distance to a shop (though Jumpdrives will help you here).

Reaction score
    As far as spawning inside your ship goes, I find that leaving 3 blocks of space above the core gives the best results.