Some questions.

Reaction score
    Hello everybody.

I'm new to starmade, and I have a few questions:

How do I set up a homeworld?

How do I create a place for my ship to be when I create a homeworld?

I've seen some space stations, but I'm too scared to approach them as they might attack me.

What do these different colored space stations do? I've seen purple ones, white ones, orange ones and others, does it indicate their hostillity to me?

How do I get back to places where my ships/house is?

How many world types are there? I've found field, tentacle planets, deserts, and snow places.

I've gotten a few transmissions along the lines of " Base XXX, Sending raiding party... Blah blah blah". After I get this I panic, but nothing seems to happen.

I may add more questions here depending on what I encounter.

Thanks!

Reaction score
    http://star-made.org/content/yogs-people-over-here-and-other-new-players-aka-frequently-asked-questions

Some frequent questions are answered here.
    For your other questions; setting up a homeworld involves creating a faction, joining it, and setting the world as your home. More info about this is availible on the wiki.
    Your ship doesn\'t have a \'home base\' as such but you can dock it to things and it will be there when you come back.

To get back somewhere after you\'ve died, you can use an admin command to /jump to a location that you\'re looking at. A better solution is to purchase an Undeathinator block and set your spawn point.

Unfortunately I don\'t know the answers to the other questions. Sorry :(

Reaction score
    Unfortunately the wiki doesn\'t help at all, it just started looks like and it has no good information.

Reaction score
    At the moment there are: desert, ice, earth-like, alien, and mars-like planets.

I\'m not sure what you mean by different coloured space stations. If you mean the radar signatures, there should only be orange, green and blue, with the green colour only appearing if you are in a faction. Orange signatures mean the station is controlled by an enemy faction (i.e. Pirates). If you mean by the actual station, there are only two types, both of which are primarily grey, but pirate stations have purple and blue \"tentacles\" around them. A picture relating to this question might be helpful though, I\'m not sure what you mean by space stations, because there should not be that many colours.

After those transmissions, you should see red signatures appear on your HUD after a few seconds.

Reaction score
    The space stations are the radar things.

I got the transmissions, I waited a while.

Sure enough, nothing happened.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The transmission appears, I assume, because you\'ve strayed too close to an AI owned base, I was pootling round near a world and got this broadcast then promptly, about 5 minutes after, was attacked by a surly brand of brigand.

Also I saw in the shop a \'faction block\' which talked about assigning ownership to a ship, which i assume is how you keep your ships persistant in a multiplayer game.