Some logic suggestions

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Here are some ideas for logic I had:

Directional block: Essentially, has an arrow pointing in one direction. When you connect it to any player enter able block, it moves the cursor of the block around. So you can aim with logic.

Make thrusters logic controllable, and move the ship in the opposite orientation they are facing. So if the thruster ploom is facing port, the ship moves starboard.

Laser: Consists of a laser computer and laser emitter. When you activate the computer via logic/hotbar, it fires a thin stream of particles out to a certain range depending on the amount of laser emitters. When an object passes through the laser, the computer would emit a true signal. Essentially, a shootable area trigger. There would be an option to change the laser's visibility.

Advanced Microchip processor: Extremely expensive item, would cost hundreds of thousands of credits. Essentially, it would allow you to build with logic microblocks inside a 1x1x1 area. This would make extremely complex logic systems much smaller. You could could upload different microchip processor to specialized "flash drives" of sorts, and you could place them in other processors.

Whatcha guys think?

Reactions: takethispie
    Reaction score
    I love the idea of the microchip block, image the uses!

However, imagine the lag :/

Reaction score
    I love the idea of the microchip block, image the uses!

However, imagine the lag :/
    Not only the lag would be a problem.

Sure it would lag at small servers to build just one m-blocks but imagine a server with maybe 20 players who all build ships with these blocks. the server would crash like a bug if you stomb on it.
    Also it would be hard to code. I don´t think, as starmade is coded in java, a gaming pc could handle just two micro-blocks with an endless amount of commands.

Your idea isn´t bad but I think it´s not possible for now.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think the microchip block might be possible currently if the microblocks only represent real logic (E.g. Lua code is built with every change of the sub-blocks). Then the microchip block simply works the way the cumulative logic sub-blocks are arranged and connected, running the resulting code, without having to directly reference the sub-blocks. The subblocks will still need to be stored with their relative locations and connections, but they won't actually be used for the microchip logic.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Instead of real blocks, why not make simulated blocks? You would press "r" on the Processor, and a 3D image would show, like a galaxy map. You would proceed to build with holographic logic blocks. They wouldn't be actual blocks, but they could still send outputs to other blocks. Does that make sense?

Also, programming blocks wouldn't replace these. They would simply be an alternative.

I think the microchip block might be possible currently if the microblocks only represent real logic (E.g. Lua code is built with every change of the sub-blocks). Then the microchip block simply works the way the cumulative logic sub-blocks are arranged and connected, running the resulting code, without having to directly reference the sub-blocks. The subblocks will still need to be stored with their relative locations and connections, but they won't actually be used for the microchip logic.
    I believe that is what current logic is - simulated code.