Some Logic Help Plz

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Let me just start by saying that I am awful with logic so please don't call me an idiot. So I am trying to integrate the new pickup and shootout rails into my hanger. The pickup rails pick up my drone, drive into the middle and park it on a rail block Simple right? However I want the drone to ,upon the activation of a activation module, to move on to the shootout rails and fly away. Ive tried placing another rail block in front of the one in the middle facing down or something so that the drone doesn't move on to it and then connected it to an activation module that would change it so it links back up with the other rail and shoots the drone onto the shootouts. Which worked the first time I tried it. But then I can't get it so that that rail switches back to the position which stopped the drone movement. I apologize if my description is awful but could anyone help me?

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Let me just start by saying that I am awful with logic so please don't call me an idiot. So I am trying to integrate the new pickup and shootout rails into my hanger. The pickup rails pick up my drone, drive into the middle and park it on a rail block Simple right? However I want the drone to ,upon the activation of a activation module, to move on to the shootout rails and fly away. Ive tried placing another rail block in front of the one in the middle facing down or something so that the drone doesn't move on to it and then connected it to an activation module that would change it so it links back up with the other rail and shoots the drone onto the shootouts. Which worked the first time I tried it. But then I can't get it so that that rail switches back to the position which stopped the drone movement. I apologize if my description is awful but could anyone help me?
    Its sounding a bit convoluted. Are you on a server or do you have pictures?

Generally to grab something I use a system like this

There are two activators and two rails used for changing the direction of the middle rail. When you press the button or inner ship remote the rail momentarily turns forward and then turns back. The forward rail activator is tied to the not gate, and the not gate is tied to the other rail activator. Here's a rough action sequence.

Then you press the button to launch. There are ways to reduce the number of blocks. I'll leave this as an exercise to you if you wish.

Hopefully that helps!

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Assuming the path to your hanger is a straight line with no crazy turns; try this...

Phase 1: the trigger.

1) place a remote

2) place an activation module. We'll nickname this block "ACT1" for the rest of these instructions. Slave the remote and ACT1 to each other.

3) press "C" on ACT1 to select it then place a NOT signal. Link that NOT signal to ACT1.

Phase 2: the pickup system.

1) place your pickup rail path

2) place another activation module away from any rails. Don't let it physically touch any rails yet. We'll nickname this block "ACT-IN" for the rest of these instructions.

3) place one segment of pickup rail right next to ACT-IN that faces in the same direction as the rails you just placed.

4) select ACT-IN with the "C" key, then select only the pickup rails leading in a straight line toward the hanger docking point, using the "V" key. The "SHIFT + V" key combination can be used to select multiple rails, facing the same way, at once.

Phase 3: the launch system.

1) place your shoot-out rail path

2) place another activation module away from any rails. Don't let it physically touch any rails yet. We'll nickname this block "ACT-OUT" for the rest of these instructions.

3) place one segment of shoot-out rail right next to ACT-OUT that faces in the opposite direction as the pickup rails you just connected to ACT-IN.

4) select ACT-OUT with the "C" key, then select only the pickup rails you connected to ACT-IN using the "V" key. The "SHIFT + V" key combination can be used the same way again.

Phase 4: Put it all together

1) select ACT-1 using the "C" key then link it to ACT-OUT, using the "V" key.

2) select the NOT signal you placed near the beginning using the "C" key then link it to ACT-IN, using the "V" key.

3) Place a rail speed controller and another Activation block and link them to each other. Turn the activation block on (you won't touch this one anymore).

4) select your rail speed controller using the "C" key then link it to all of the rails on your pickup/shoot out path, using the "V" key.

Phase 5: Let's get fancy!!!

1) place some DELAY signals and link them together in a one-way chain like this... Delay > Delay > Delay > Delay > Delay > Delay >. Add more DELAYS to the chain if you have a long path between the pickup point and the dock point.

2) select ACT-1 using the "C" key then link it to the first delay in your chain, using the "V" key.

3) place a BUTTON

4) select the last DELAY signal in your chain with the "C" key, then link the button to it using the "V" key.

5) select the BUTTON with the "C" key, then link ACT-1 to it using the "V" key.

Now, when you use your remote, your pickup path will change to shoot-out rails; causing a fighter to launch. At the same time, it will trigger the DELAYs, which in turn will cause your shout-outs to revert to pickups automatically. If you placed a long enough delay chain, you'll have the following sequence; Activate remote > A fighter launches > System returns to pick up mode > Issue "Carrier Recall" command > Fighter docks.

Additional tips.
    - copy and paste can be used to clone logic circuits.
    - copy and paste the whole circuit for use with individual fighter launch systems or link them to all your pickup/shoot-out paths for simultaneous launches.
    - Multiple launch bays mean you have to repeat Phases 2 and 3. Be sure to arrange the single rail segments so that they face the same way as their respective paths.
    - You may have to get "creative" if your dock/pickup path isn't a straight line.
    - Put armor over your circuits or you'll relive the final scene from Top Gun where all the carrier's catapults were offline and they couldn't launch anymore fighters. (2:50)

I hope this helps you.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Thank you guys very much for your help! But I am still having a problem. Once I activate either of the designs the targets don't switch back.(first design the middle rail and the second design the pick-up rails) What am I doing wrong?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1465956674,1465956041][/DOUBLEPOST]Some pics of the system

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Well I did post this to help people figure out rail stuff so please don't fault me for shilling this.

This rail demo does exactly what you want and then some. Spawn it and play around a bit...then make one your self on the empty rail to test your knowledge.

Self-Regulating Drone-Rail

Drone Carrier POC.jpg

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Thank you guys very much. I finally worked it out. YAY! Its good to know that this game has such a friendly community

Reactions: nightrune