Some general Starmade questions

Reaction score
    Hey guys,

This is my first post on here, so please bare with me.

I have two sets of questions for you guys:

1. General Starmade questions

How do the cloakers work? Like do I have to have a cirtain ratio of cloakers to blocks of my ship for them to work?
    2. How would I make a ship that had good firepower, but could cloak for about 5+ min?
    3. How should I got about making a small(like 1x1 block) sign? (I can write in java) and is theresome mod for starmade that can do it?
    4. If I dock tons of AI ships to my main ship, and use the structure tab to undock them, is there some way I can call then to come back and dock again?

[*]I'm working on setting up a private server for me and a couple friends, so here are some server questions:

1. If I add new blocks, using the modding tools supplied with Starmade, does the person connecting to the server need to have the same client? Or will the sever send the client the new blocks and textures?
    2. Is there some way I can pre set a player to a faction, before they have even joined the server for the first time?
    3. Is there some way I can spawn pirate space stations and ships myself? Like a comand or button somewhere?
    4. Can I make things like plex doors industructable?

I think that is all for now, even if you can answer one question, it would be a big help. If you can, plase format your answer like this:

Question: Some question I am answering

Anwser: The answer to the above question

-ldd2000

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    For cloakers you only need 1 block per ship but it takes up a massive amount of power depending on the mass of the ship

if you need all the available admin commands for your server google \"starmade admin commands\" it works for me :)

as for the others I\'m not so sure-good luck

Reaction score
    Ok, thanks ;) that anwser a lot of questions for me about cloakers :lol;

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    1 How do the cloakers work? Like do I have to have a cirtain ratio of cloakers to blocks of my ship for them to work?

Cloak: needs 1000 e/sec per 1 mass of your ship

2 How should I got about making a small(like 1x1 block) sign? (I can write in java) and is theresome mod for starmade that can do it?

There are no signs in Starmade and the code is obfuscated, so real modding isn\'t likely to be a thing for a while

3 If I dock tons of AI ships to my main ship, and use the structure tab to undock them, is there some way I can call then to come back and dock again?

You can dock AI to your ship and undock them, but they wont follow you, and will not redock.

As for playing with friends:

If I add new blocks, using the modding tools supplied with Starmade, does the person connecting to the server need to have the same client? Or will the sever send the client the new blocks and textures?

They will get the block configuration, meaning they get the block data, but not the textures, you\'ll need to give them the texture sheet at least.

Is there some way I can pre set a player to a faction, before they have even joined the server for the first time?

I\'m unsure about presetting the faction, maybe log in as their username and set yourself to a faction in preperation for them?

Is there some way I can spawn pirate space stations and ships myself? Like a comand or button somewhere?

If you save a pirate station by placing a build block on one, entering it and using /save (name) you can then load the station with /load (saved name) (give it a unique name)
    As for spawning pirates, you can use /initiate_wave 1 1

Can I make things like plex doors industructable?

Yes, but you need to edit the block config to do so, you can change a blocks armour rating to 100% so they take no damage.

Reaction score
    If you want a ship that looks nice (meaning: it has a hull), forget about the cloak. That mechanic is broken.