(some cosmetic) block ideas

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Have spotted a couple of threads in the vague area of new blocks or cosmetics, but nothing I felt I could append this to.

Just for smaller ships, and 'desks' on large ships and stations, I think it would be nice if we could have a decorative -wedge- block with a computer/display. Tetra and Hepta equivalents could also be added, that would tessellate nicely with the computer panel wedges, but not have displays on them directly. Would just seem to me, to make sexier consoles.

If other people have good ideas for blocks which are just used for decoration, rather than functional blocks, I guess slap em here.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This is rather grusome, but I think the game could use "corpse" blocks, that come in pairs. Dead astronauts for spooky decor.
    Chairs?
    We need to be able to do more with the display screens: I would like to be able to link them together to make one big screen.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Heh, I used to think about display screens, but I reckon having a 2x2x1 block or something would be a little processor intensive, specially given the size of some ships here. :) - You can of course customise textures, maybe you could link display modules together and then upload a graphic to the 'ship' file, which could be displayed on it, then people get their own... Course, then you have to police images on servers... maybe not...

But I'm not here to poo poo ideas, I am here to put some down.

Latest thought is white or black blast door blocks. That way people can decorate doors more (I'm thinking of large numbers on hangar bays) - This maybe a moot point because of rails...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Yes it's a necro, but you know, I ought to just keep all my stupid thinkings in one place.

Have a new block suggestion. In fact, a pair of blocks: Cargo Transfer Module (Push and Receive)

Essentially, a wireless remote control pair across two entities to move cargo from one to another.

Drones feed mined ores and salvage to carriers.
    Carriers feed goods to stations etc.

Once transfer across entities is completed, you connect storage and auto pull at the other end, moving goods through your mothership or station.

Block placement maybe needs to touch or be within 3 blocks or something, like rail pickup points, meaning players have to build 'receiving blocks' along their docking bays and drones need an exposed feeder block.

Suggestions shapewise would be the 'pusher' block is a slab, and is made to look like a conveyor belt, rather than rail. 'Receiver' Block looks like a giant open mouthed toaster type thing...

Well, it's a thought.

Reaction score
    Precious metals, and or rusted metals and girders.

I'd love to see golden blocks, as well as girders of numerous colors.

Possibly riveted bolt blocks.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The desk computer would be easily done with a Display slab, many people have requested this. But seeing as how this was originally posted prior to the slab update, we can let that slide.

And actually you can already more or less control the flow of goods through your ships and stations in both directions using logic.

You slave the storage container to the rail/docker normally. You can then control via logic if the pull on any given storage container is active via and activator block. You can then control if something pulls or pushes by controlling that logic switch.

Example, for my fleet miner, I have an activator next to the docker so the ship knows if it is docked or not. When undocked, it turns on the Pull of the main ship's cargo container. This lets it pull blocks out of the drone inventories and into itself. When the ship docks, it detects that it has docked and disables the pull on it's own cargo, allowing the station to then pull the aggregate stores into itself.

With some creative rail use, you could have area sensors placed outside the ship and some docked rail arms on your station that would move back and forth to feed control instructions to the ship.

So your miner docks, switches off it's pull so the station can pull the raw goods out. Station could then pull the blocks into an automated factory setup, build stuff for say 1 minute (determined via chained delay blocks), and then pull the finished goods into storage. It could then send a signal to move an arm on the station through the ship's area sensor to get the logic signal there to re-eneable it's pull, allowing it to then pull the finished goods out of the station.

One ship could then automatically push cargo off onto the station and then pull it back as desired.