Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Blocks i'd like to see:
    Shiny Metal Block
    Different colored Armor and Hull
    More decorative blocks
    More types of weapons

Some More weapons/tool guns I'd like to see
    Lazy Man's Teleporter(Would be a funny name for this tool gun)
    Long Range Radar Gun(Advanced)
    Long Range Speed Gun(Advanced)
    Short Range Radar Gun(Basic)
    Short Range Speed Gun(Basic)

Some new features i'd like to see:
    Able to save Asteroid Bases and save them to local blueprints
    Able to convert Any skin type into a some what cool looking Starmade Skin(Really need this since the same model shape is kinda getting old and boring)
    Also need more bug fixing like fixing lighting issues with Shader module thats inside the game and have custom shader packs
    Need more Texture Packs
    Need to fix some things with how big Shipyards can be

I'd like to say this, I appreciate how far Schine and Schema have come to make this game as good as it is, i'd like to see some stuff like this in the future for further decoration like for example, The Shiny Metal blocks for Making reflections like Mirrors for example, And i hope these things help inspire the teams!

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Can you elaborate on what any of the stuff in your first two lists would actually mean?

Reaction score
    Can you elaborate on what any of the stuff in your first two lists would actually mean?
    The 2 Range Guns and Speed Guns are for getting info on any ship you want to get info of their speed or what they are and your little navigation thing just doesn't cut it well enough
    [DOUBLEPOST=1458780557,1458780294][/DOUBLEPOST]And the blocks are quite simple to understand for Like the Shiny metal one i already described, More weapons i'd like to see are like ones that add more cool effects like Railguns for example, Guns that'll be more efficent than having a bunch of space took up from from just some effects and weapon modules
    And then the Decorative blocks are just for more decoration for ships and stations and Different colors of Hull and Armor is easy to understand just the current ones just don't cut it for me

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Oh timtee, you never fail to disappoint me. I'll admit, you're style is improving, slowly, like a sloth.

When you make a post like this, im not sure if this counts as suggestions or just blabbing "this is what I want in the game, now give me". But you have to explain what the idea does and how it benefits the game. And very vague ideas dont help.

For shiny blocks and decorative stuff id go to Kupu for, but the poor guy gets probably 200 thousand messages a day telling him to make more blocks. Poor guy. Also im pretty sure schine has more decorative blocks on the way. So yeah.
    "More types of weapons" is extremely vague. What more can we add to quench your destructive needs.

Speed and radar guns maybe not needed, but sure why not. Just elaborate on that a bit.
    Please dont tell me that the lazy man teleporter is the stupid portal gun idea again. We had an entire thread about this one. Just no. Stop.

As for the asteroid base idea, not bad. Im actually impressed, good job.
    Skin type conversions, that just seems like you're too lazy recreate your crappy minecraft skins into starmade. Dont be lazy. Stop doing that.
    The bug fixing another mildly good thought, but you should go to the bug reporting department for that one. Seriously just report the bug. I dont think Schine has intention of just leaving bugs in the game all willy nilly.
    Texture packs, Once again Kupu is in charge of the textures, he has a suggestion/ kupu thread somewhere, id advise you look at it. Also players can make their own texture pack, so I also suggest finding players who are handy with textures. Or start making your own, they're not too hard. I can almost assume that you want a portal one. Just a feeling.
    Need to fix things with how big shipyards can be, I honestly have no idea what that means, so you kinda have to elaborate on that idea, a lot. I mean full details here. Cause ive never heard of this issue.

Reaction score
    Oh timtee, you never fail to disappoint me. I'll admit, you're style is improving, slowly, like a sloth.

When you make a post like this, im not sure if this counts as suggestions or just blabbing "this is what I want in the game, now give me". But you have to explain what the idea does and how it benefits the game. And very vague ideas dont help.

For shiny blocks and decorative stuff id go to Kupu for, but the poor guy gets probably 200 thousand messages a day telling him to make more blocks. Poor guy. Also im pretty sure schine has more decorative blocks on the way. So yeah.
    "More types of weapons" is extremely vague. What more can we add to quench your destructive needs.

Speed and radar guns maybe not needed, but sure why not. Just elaborate on that a bit.
    Please dont tell me that the lazy man teleporter is the stupid portal gun idea again. We had an entire thread about this one. Just no. Stop.

As for the asteroid base idea, not bad. Im actually impressed, good job.
    Skin type conversions, that just seems like you're too lazy recreate your crappy minecraft skins into starmade. Dont be lazy. Stop doing that.
    The bug fixing another mildly good thought, but you should go to the bug reporting department for that one. Seriously just report the bug. I dont think Schine has intention of just leaving bugs in the game all willy nilly.
    Texture packs, Once again Kupu is in charge of the textures, he has a suggestion/ kupu thread somewhere, id advise you look at it. Also players can make their own texture pack, so I also suggest finding players who are handy with textures. Or start making your own, they're not too hard. I can almost assume that you want a portal one. Just a feeling.
    Need to fix things with how big shipyards can be, I honestly have no idea what that means, so you kinda have to elaborate on that idea, a lot. I mean full details here. Cause ive never heard of this issue.
    Ok (Also thank you for liking the Asteroid base idea) Hehe i would say yes to the Portal Texture pack and most likely a Portal 2 one once more blocks come out

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Shiny metal block is a no, already rejected. kupu had this to say about shiny gold blocks:

The main distinguishing quality of gold is it's shine. We either need specular control for that specific block (we don't) or we will need to paint the "shine" on (i won't).

Painting a shine (like the ingot blocks) is not a big problem in itself, but having it tile pleasantly over thousands of blocks is. You'll get a repeated hotspot that makes no sense regardless of light position or ambient strength.

Remove that shine and you get a mis mash somewhere in between 3 existing hull colours. Yellow, orange and brown.
    (Then there is the fact the shine on gold requires polish, something that none of our hull shapes / surface patterns have.)
    Bug fixing is an ongoing process and not a high priority one. As much as people hate to hear it the game is in the alpha stage of development. This actually means something. Schine is concentrating on getting all of the features/systems into the game. Once that is complete (iirc current estimate is about a year out) then Schine will start working on expanding those features like finishing up the shipyards, adding more fleet commands and making new weapons. Then, and only then, will big fixes become a priority. Serious bug fixing is the last thing on the list.

They will still fix bugs that get in their way, like ones that crash the game, but shaders are just not important right now. There is a plan for a graphics update which might cover the shaders and/or the shiny blocks, but I doubt we will see it anytime soon. That's probably scheduled for the end of alpha.

Decorative blocks are also low priority. With the current system there is a limited number of blocks that can be put into the game(2048?). They want to get all the blocks that they need before they start adding stuff that has no real use other then eye candy. The limit can be expanded, but it will also increase the memory needed to process each block thus increasing both system lag and data transfer lag. Needless to say, they don't want to do that unless it is absolutely necessary.

Hull colors fall under decorative blocks. They occasionally release a new color, but it isn't guaranteed. Each hull color is something like eight(?) blocks and they usually also add a matching light which is two more blocks. You can see this has a significant impact on the block limit.

I would not hold my breath for a skin conversion utility. There is a different skin format for practically every game that has skins. There is absolutely no standard here. Eventually someone with some programming knowledge might make a third-party utility, but it will most likely be limited to one or two formats. I am also not certain this is the final format for StarMade.

Edit: Also, this belongs in Suggestions.

Last edited:
    Reactions: MeRobo and Lecic
    Reaction score
    Shiny metal block is a no, already rejected. kupu had this to say about shiny gold blocks:

Bug fixing is an ongoing process and not a high priority one. As much as people hate to hear it the game is in the alpha stage of development. This actually means something. Schine is concentrating on getting all of the features/systems into the game. Once that is complete (iirc current estimate is about a year out) then Schine will start working on expanding those features like finishing up the shipyards, adding more fleet commands and making new weapons. Then, and only then, will big fixes become a priority. Serious bug fixing is the last thing on the list.

They will still fix bugs that get in their way, like ones that crash the game, but shaders are just not important right now. There is a plan for a graphics update which might cover the shaders and/or the shiny blocks, but I doubt we will see it anytime soon. That's probably scheduled for the end of alpha.

Decorative blocks are also low priority. With the current system there is a limited number of blocks that can be put into the game(2048?). They want to get all the blocks that they need before they start adding stuff that has no real use other then eye candy. The limit can be expanded, but it will also increase the memory needed to process each block thus increasing both system lag and data transfer lag. Needless to say, they don't want to do that unless it is absolutely necessary.

Hull colors fall under decorative blocks. They occasionally release a new color, but it isn't guaranteed. Each hull color is something like eight(?) blocks and they usually also add a matching light which is two more blocks. You can see this has a significant impact on the block limit.

I would not hold my breath for a skin conversion utility. There is a different skin format for practically every game that has skins. There is absolutely no standard here. Eventually someone with some programming knowledge might make a third-party utility, but it will most likely be limited to one or two formats. I am also not certain this is the final format for StarMade.

Edit: Also, this belongs in Suggestions.
    Ok

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Decorative blocks are also low priority. With the current system there is a limited number of blocks that can be put into the game(2048?).
    Eh, thats not really an issue anymore.

They've already flat out said that block count is not an issue, that they can update the byte length to accommodate as many block IDs as they need whenever they want and that it isn't that big of a deal.

Decorative blocks are a low priority mostly because they're just window dressing. You usually make sure the walls of the house are up before you start picking out the curtains. :)

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    They've already flat out said that block count is not an issue, that they can update the byte length to accommodate as many block IDs as they need whenever they want and that it isn't that big of a deal.
    It is a concern still, adding a byte to every block is going to lower what people can load into RAM, aswell as increase storage space needed. It's more of a "We can do it if we need to"