Some clarifying words on the recent moderation complaints

madman Captain

Self-appointet Overlord of the Scaffold
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Calling someone "gay" is not family friendly, and actually the word "gay" is offensive, just like "hitl**, nigg**", and I think alter did issue the points just because of that. It's just that: Can you child understand the banter? If the stuff written might not be suitable for a child(not opinion, but choice of words), it might be against the rules.
    Seriosly? Hitler? an insult? Thats a name, just a name, sure the name of an evil person but still just a name.

Gay? offensive? Where do you live? Arent gay people family friendly there?

Dude I'm autist and I dont care about if people say "autism level increased", "its ret*rded".

And seriously, If I had young childs and dont want that they learn bad manners and offensive language I would remove them from school and would teach them at home cause compared to my schooltime this forum is a high level political correct discussion.

edit: jep they have censored ret*rded in a sentence where I tried to explain something, where I DONT have insulted somewhere. (Ok, its a bot but still...)

Last edited:
    Reactions: Thingie

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I honestly thought the SM community was above the whole SJW safe space hugbox bullshit.

G

GDPR 302420

Long post that could have been summed up in less then 3 sentences
    Take note of the warning Calhoun received for "ur gay"

Read it again, pay attention to the text in purple.

Offensive Content (Minor) - Images/Videos

Here is an extract from a ban appeal I made awhile back which explains what this offence is (content that is not relevent to the point has been covered by a black bar)

A warning for images and videos against a post that contained no images or videos according to what alterintel quoted.

Dumb shit to justify users calling others causes of suicide
    You seemed to have not read the posts in question, allow me to quote.

Code:
    Friggin kids will have to deal with people like you and then we will have to worry about they commiting suicide
    Code:
    always trying to come up with things to make yourself look and feel like a worthy person to be alive
    According to alterintel if I was to do this to someone like you, Whammy or Jojomo then it would not be acceptable, but apparently its perfectly fine when its done against us... the group he is biased against.

If you don't see the problem with this then you are either a blind whitenight or you just are not paying attention.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    hmm I guess australians cant enjoy their beloved icecreams anymore either since gay is apparently offensive

G

GDPR 302420

I remember when World of Warcraft had like a lot of players. The PvP and hardcore people complained the most and where the most active on forums. Blizzard went in that direction thinking they where the majority of their player base... Then half of the player base left frustrated with the changes.

The top tier guys wanted challenge while the vast majority just wanted to relax and have a good time with friends.

If people got turned off by the community, the cat guy might just trow everything out of the window, the game may die out and WE ALL will be left without the game. The PvP guys will soon find something else to wreck havoc while the other 85% of the (silent) player base will just be sad.

If there's some internal moderator investigation to be done so be it. But for god sake, KEEP IT PRIVATE WITH THEM, mail the CEO, but when I log on the forums to find constructive discussions about the power system and the game in general all i find are posts about PvP people complaining... about power, about shields, about moderators, abou complaining..... OMFG!!!

Thanks, Jim to try to be friendly and try held stuff together while the moderators are hibernating. We the silent ones appreciate that.

Anyways, my english sucks and you may all dislike me now. lol
    You've got mail.

Reaction score
    Hey I seriously can't explain it to you guys better. I am not a professor. And this is not my workplace and I don't get money for it. So I try to write as best I can in relation to the time I have allotted for this matter.

I tried to explain why "ur gay" can get points. I know it's not really needed to give out warning points for it. I just tried to explain many reasons why alterintel gave out points. Just so you guys don't use this particular thing as a justification to call him bias. The fact that he removed the points after the complaints also is something you guys blantly ignore. Now you see that he tried to do something good, and I know the next thing you say is: He shouldn't have given them out in the first place, and it only further proofes his inability.

I just want to say that people, me included, have a hard time talking to you guys. You guys, who only reply on stuff where they can disagree on. I mean that's what you guys do: You don't don't even agree on a small part of my opinion. And that's not how it works.

And people who are more sensitive get treated just the same from a lot of forum members here in this community. And if that continues to be the major case this community will not become any healthier.

It's hard to explain for me: But if I disagree with someone, I also try to find at least one or two small parts I agree with my opponent on. Just so he feels like I want to have a mutual conversation, where I actually listen. Yes, when I agree on only a small part of my opponents argument, he feels that I listen to him. That doesn't mean I agree as a whole with him or change my mind on how things should get handled in the end.

That's also a big issue we have here: We can't talk if we don't try to understand each other. I tried my best to understand reds point. It's not like I disagree on all of it. I totally understand that "ur gay" should not be getting warning points so fast. I mean I didn't write it in my first reply, but it's not like I didn't consider this. I clearly said "hey in offtopic or another context "ur gay" would not ve gotten any warnings at all".

At this point I want to say, that I don't want a social experiment like in the last big thread I had that was about forum behavior. Directed at the reading moderators.

Judge, getting personal like you just tried is not acceptable. Like telling me that I am not mature enough, when you want to talk about wether or not "gay" should be considered offensive. It's not like you are hurting my feelings, I am not that soft. But it's trying to get on a personal level. And I don't want that. Others might join in on that and think it's okay. I tell you: No it's not. Same goes for Lecic. ;)

Yes when people tell you guys, that this community is toxic and that others say Starmade has a salty community, you should try to reconsider. Reconsider if disagreeing with 10 guys at once, including very harsh words like "you are not mature" or *insert Lecics accusations*, is appropiate.

It's totally fine to say the same opinion once or twice. But this 15 responses??? From the 15 responses only 5 were actually with new opinions. The others bascially just support each other. So what we have here is, that you all don't agree with me. Fine. But you all don't need to do it like that. That's another problem this forum has, and it showed pretty often in other discussions that were around development. It's totally fine to add a response if it adds something new. But many of the recent ones did just support each other, are not original enough, and are not that neccessary to find a good discussion. (Would you feel like shouted down if you received what I just got?)

It's nice that you guys support each other in your opinion. But we can't talk like that. Sorry. Even if one or two now got a good point. But those are just too many negative responses for me. I know if I now try to actually react to one of your responses thoughtout, I get against 15 people armed with memes, accusations, and who try to get to me on a personal level.

Just for the record: I did not report any of your replies. But if I were a mod I would go crazy about this discussion culture. :D

Last edited:
    Reactions: klawxx

Thingie

Professional Lurker
    Reaction score
    Golden (happy)times are amazing.

I would also like to point out that NEVER before has saying ur gay (which btw if you know cal is pronounced "erh" gay so not actually calling me gay in a funny matter) has be classed as offensive. Do you know why? Because it is not offensive to be either happy or homosexual.

This particular quote is also wildly used among my friends here and off here, it's a light hearted quip used regularly. There's nothing malicious, insulting or hostile about it.

Here in Australia the word gay can be used in a variety of ways seriously and ironically.
    Alter knows giving points for it was wrong, I even liked the post (can't remember which exact rating I gave and since I'm on my phone I'm not gunna go looking).
    All that stands to say, I'm certainly not offended. Specially since I have called cal gay in the past as well.

Every point you try to argue with anyone all you do is so how much you missunderstand what everyone is saying. You are so naive that you can't even grasp how most people on the internet behave including widely used quips.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    alterintel seems to have been avoiding the past few threads like the plague, by the way. It'd be nice for him to provide his views and his side in full on here.

The Judge

Kill me please
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Judge, getting personal like you just tried is not acceptable. Like telling me that I am not mature enough, when you want to talk about wether or not "gay" should be considered offensive. It's not like you are hurting my feelings, I am not that soft. But it's trying to get on a personal level. And I don't want that. Others might join in on that and think it's okay. I tell you: No it's not. Same goes for Lecic. ;)
    Sorry if I implied it was you, but I was referring to everyone in general. Still, it doesn't make sense for the majority to lose a decent portion of their almost ironic volcablulary to just a handful of people.

Thingie

Professional Lurker
    Reaction score
    Reconsider if disagreeing with 10 guys at once, including very harsh words like "you are not mature" or *insert Lecics accusations*, is appropiate.

It's totally fine to say the same opinion once or twice. But this 15 responses
    This is a forum, if people disagree with you they will say so. It's not like we are all in the same room talking about how to reply. We are all replying with our own independent thoughts and feelings. If you can not deal with people disagreeing with you then you shouldn't be on a public forum.just because someone has the same opinion doesn't mean you can't voice your same opinion because that would be limiting peoples ability to speak.
    "You are not mature" is not offensive or an insult. It is a statement based on that person's observation and understanding and any mature person would know and understand that.

My meme previously post best fits this entire situation.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I just want to say that people, me included, have a hard time talking to guys. You guys, who only reply on stuff where they can disagree on. I mean that's what you guys do: You don't don't even agree on a small part of my opinion. And that's not how it works.
    It's totally fine to say the same opinion once or twice. But this 15 responses??? From the 15 responses only 5 were actually with new opinions. The others bascially just support each other. So what we have here is, that you all don't agree with me. Fine. But you all don't need to do it like that. That's another problem this forum has, and it showed pretty often in other discussions that were around development. It's totally fine to add a response if it adds something new. But many of the recent ones did just support each other, are not original enough, and are not that neccessary to find a good discussion. (Would you feel like shouted down if you received what I just got?)
    So let me get this straight. If we agree with you, we should reply to you saying "I agree," which adds absolutely nothing to the conversation because we have an agree rating for that, but if we disagree with you and have a comment to make on WHY we disagree with you, we shouldn't say anything, just because other people also said they don't agree with you?

Just for the record: I did not report any of your replies. But if I were a mod I would go crazy about this discussion culture. :D
    Then it's a good thing you're not a mod. We've had this discussion before, Mr Censorship.

Reaction score
    Then it's a good thing you're not a mod. We've had this discussion before, Mr Censorship.
    I said that, because I was not sure, if some of you guys might get points again. And there was just a "please let me see who reports me" thread made. So I wanted to say that beforehand. So if you guys get points, you know, that it's not because of me. =)

Thingie

Professional Lurker
    Reaction score
    LOL nice! you took your time to find someone that disagrees with me :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.... That must have been really hard.
    The kids these days...
    Whats funny is that guy posted it all on his own in a public discord. So ugh, have fun thinking he cares enough to look haha

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    LOL nice! you took your time to find someone that disagrees with me :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.... That must have been really hard.
    The kids these days...
    No, it took about three seconds. Veilith would probably reply himself but he got banned for answering someone's questions.

Reactions: FlyingDebris

klawxx

Product Manager - Roden Shipyards
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Likeable
    Hey guys, enlighten me please, what the heck is a "public discord"?

klawxx

Product Manager - Roden Shipyards
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Likeable
    Well you see, it's a discord, but public.
    Oh I thought it could mean something more... Interesting.

Anyways, good night peps. Time to place kids on bed.

Thingie

Professional Lurker
    Reaction score
    The fact that he removed the points after the complaints also is something you guys blantly ignore.
    The points have not been removed and I have no idea how you think that happened.