[Solved] Title bar on fullscreen

Reaction score
    Hello all, I picked up StarMade 3 days ago, and i'm loving it! I always like to be part of a community so heres my first post ;)

I don't know if its common, but when in full screen, I can still see the windows bar on top. Its a bit annoying and I wondered if there's something I can do about it?

---

For those having the same issue, this was my solution:

go to Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\StarMade\StarMade
    search for "settings.cfg" and open it with notepad, or some other text editor

Change the following line;
    "G_WINDOWED_BORDERLESS = false"
    to
    "G_WINDOWED_BORDERLESS = true"

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It sounds like you just maximized the window...? Fullscreen mode can be enabled in the launcher's "Starmade Connection Setup" dialog or in the in-game options. What resolution have you selected for the game, and what is your display's configured resolution?

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You have to enable fullscreen mode also; simply setting the resolution does not automatically do this. If you have enabled it, it may help to attach the log.txt.0 file from the logs directory for analysis.

Reaction score
    I cant log in right now, because Java gives me a exception when I try to run the game ...

Edit: okay so to expand my problems, I am having a Java error called;

Java Virtual Machine Launcher
    - Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine
    - Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

I reinstalled Java, and updated my gpu. No change, maybe it is my allocated ram to the game (which is 8192 mb, also my total ram)? How can I reset/change that?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1420655986,1420652801][/DOUBLEPOST]Allright managed to fix that, I forgot I could change it in the launcher which did start.

Also I fixed the border, which is actually a really weird case, but simple to bypass.

In the settings.cfg, I changed;
    "G_WINDOWED_BORDERLESS = false"
    to
    "G_WINDOWED_BORDERLESS = true"

that did the trick. Thanks 0ldSkull for spending your time to help me!

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    No problem. I believe that indicates you are actually running in windowed mode, and that it is simply not showing the border. A few lines above that in the file should be a line for G_FULLSCREEN which I'm guessing is set to false. You can also access both of these options in the launcher GUI (second panel) by selecting "Show advanced settings" from the Settings menu. The 9th and 10th options in the resulting list are "Fullscreen" and "Borderless windowed". I'm not sure if there could be any performance difference between fullscreen and windowed modes (I hadn't noticed any myself).

Of course as long as you're happy with the way it's running now, that's what really matters.

Reaction score
    No problem. I believe that indicates you are actually running in windowed mode, and that it is simply not showing the border. A few lines above that in the file should be a line for G_FULLSCREEN which I'm guessing is set to false. You can also access both of these options in the launcher GUI (second panel) by selecting "Show advanced settings" from the Settings menu. The 9th and 10th options in the resulting list are "Fullscreen" and "Borderless windowed". I'm not sure if there could be any performance difference between fullscreen and windowed modes (I hadn't noticed any myself).

Of course as long as you're happy with the way it's running now, that's what really matters.
    Yeah, but that wasn't the case, I already had fullscreen enabled.