SOLVED NumberFormatException: multiple points

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I am getting this error when Steam launches the game launcher. It pops up and says NumberFormatException: multiple points. I can Continue or Exit. If I continue, it tells me the game launcher is version 15 and do I want to update to version 16. I select yes and it launches org.schema.game.common.updater.selfupdater.SelfUpdater and the progress bar sits at 0% and does not budge. Don't want to work on anything in case work isn't saved. Please let me know how to fix this.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I am getting this error when Steam launches the game launcher. It pops up and says NumberFormatException: multiple points. I can Continue or Exit. If I continue, it tells me the game launcher is version 15 and do I want to update to version 16. I select yes and it launches org.schema.game.common.updater.selfupdater.SelfUpdater and the progress bar sits at 0% and does not budge. Don't want to work on anything in case work isn't saved. Please let me know how to fix this.
    Your best bet is to delete the starmade-starter in your local content and then verify integrity. It should redownload the launcher. This should be safe for your worlds but if you aren't convinced you can just export your local worlds to a .ZIP and stick it a folder or two above.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Your best bet is to delete the starmade-starter in your local content and then verify integrity. It should redownload the launcher. This should be safe for your worlds but if you aren't convinced you can just export your local worlds to a .ZIP and stick it a folder or two above.
    How do I reverify integrity?

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    How do I reverify integrity?
    Go right-click on Starmade in Steam, left-click properties go to Local Files and then click Verify Integrity Of Game Cache.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thadius. I love you. Thank you for helping me recover my 176 hours of gameplay.