[SOLUTION] Intel Graphics Card Issue

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello, I'm brand new on StarMade and I noticed that it does not have a whole lot of support for older Integrated Intel Graphics Cards. So I thought I might pitch how I made it work on my system.

I am using an Acer Aspire 5734z with the Intel Mobile 4 Series Express Chipset with GMA 4500M.

Updating the VGA driver didn't help one iota, my OEM wouldn't provide support for any build past 8.15.10.1892 (from 2009), which does actually support OpenGL 2.1.

The problem might be in the amount of Dedicated Video Memory(VRAM). If you are on a desktop, you can access your BIOS and directly inrease the dedicated video memory allocation.

Unfortunately, most Laptop's do not allow you to do this. The workaround is to install a modified VGA driver. The best one I've found is called Royal BNA Driver. Link below:

http://teknogods.com/?p=966

Supports:

· Intel(R) B43 Express Chipset
    · Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset
    · Intel(R) G43 Express Chipset
    · Intel(R) G45 Express Chipset
    · Intel(R) Q43 Express Chipset
    · Intel(R) Q45 Express Chipset
    · Mobile Intel(R) GL40 Express Chipset
    · Mobile Intel(R) GM45 Express Chipset
    · Mobile Intel(R) GS45 Express Chipset

This modified driver increases your VRAM from 64mb to 128mb, as well as optimizes other settings for improved overall gameplay performace. Just make sure you get the right download for your system (32bit or 64bit) and that you confirm the compatability for your chipset.

I hope this helps.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    This might be very very helpful in the near future!
    Bravo starmate Autryc, bravo.

This is great news for anyone on a 4th gen intel gpu with shotty manufacturer driver support.