soft jamming

Reaction score
    so currently combat is oriented to getting to the core as fast as possible, which is kinda boring. so I come up with... *drum roll* soft jammers! these are blocks which have the exact same signature as the core, making it possible to confuse enemies by forcing them to chance shoot at the blocks instead of the all-important core.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    i like this idea. OR maybe a block like a jammer with a lot less energy drain that reduces the detection of the core by 50% distance so it doesn\'t show up on navigation until 50% of the distance it normally would?

Reaction score
    or maybe it \"moves\" the marker inside the ship, making it impossible to tell where the core is

Reaction score
    \"Soft Jamming\" was also the title of one of the more regretable films I starred in.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Regrettable film.

Still, I like this idea. I haaaaaaate having some troll in a fighter take out my supercapital when I\'m offline.

Reaction score
    I love the Idea actually It can be done by docking a single core inside your ship but I dont think it works with the newest update so we need this stuff.

It is very annoying that every ship gets instantly destroyed because the cores are so obvious.

JTJSniperBee

Cat Person
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    for now just protect the core with at least 30+ hardended armor layers

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    How about the marker for the ship is located in the center of the ships occupied dimensions. This would make the core easy to hide.

But I like the idea of different levels of jamming. Could be implemented well.

Reaction score
    I have simple 4-block (Core,Generator,AI,Thruster) ships docked onto my main ship and rename them using a faction block and removing them.

Whenever I begin fighting against something dangerous, I release all of them, flooding the enemy\'s screen with a bunch of nav arrows.

Reaction score
    that works fairly well but I just use mini-fighters with my carrier, releasing dozens of them, although the enemy just locks onto my core, and BOOM