So who got here from steam?

Reaction score
    Sure it's been greenlighted and on there a while, but now that it's on steam we might see some new people here! So I made this thread for the people who thought they might come here from the greenlight to the forums, and say hi! Yes, I know we have the intro tab but I want to see how many people came here.

So introduce yourself, and tell us what you're planning to do in Schema's blocky little (lol) world.(s)

Guide for new players: (I know it seems obvious but still)

Find some one to play with in your style (RP, casual, survival) in the /factions tab
    Make awesome ships and post them on /shipyard and /screenshots

Mods are at the very least chill and aren't really there unless you start acting up, but at the best IMO are people like DukeofRealms who participates a lot in the community and are more like another member than a developer/mod. It's a lot less strict here compared to most Vidya forums, for instance on most forums saying bad words will get you instabanned, but here you can get away with (small amounts) of rowdyness. Don't push it though.

Devs DO IN FACT care a lot about the fanbase, and listen to us a lot. We give it back by making ships, stations ETC through competitions of which the best stations etc (voted by us, again) are added to the vanilla game. A lot better than most Early Access crap ain't it? Trust me, your cash was (or will be?) well spent. Welcome.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Just want to pipe in as well and give a big "Greetings!" to everyone from Steam hopping aboard the never-ending hype journey called Starmade! Feel free to pop into chat and ask around if you have questions.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Just want to pipe in as well and give a big "Beware!" to everyone from Steam hopping aboard the never-ending death train called Starmade PVP. Feel free to talk shit, and get hit if you have any problems.

takethispie

Titan-class builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    a big welcome to everyone from steam ! and if by any chance some french come here, go to starmade.fr :D

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Our new steamy starmates will find their groove soon enough. For veterans it'll be up to us to help them whenever we can. Sometimes the best way to help is letting them discover certain things themselves. Like the easter egg at 10000, 10000, 10000 and not to trust everything you read in the forum

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Lol the only people commenting so far are us vets.

Reaction score
    When I started, planets were still round, flat discs and cubatoms were a thing.

Also to be entirely honest with you, I don't think Starmade is ready for Steam yet.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Lol the only people commenting so far are us vets.
    An interesting tidbit, there are more videos then screen shots in the community section there. Quite rare, I have some other titles on Steam so I couldn't resist having a peek and that's certainly a first. ;)
    As for visitors here from there, they probably first hit the discussion section there before showing up here...

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    Someone should sticky the stardock web address on the steam discussion page