So... what IS there to do in this game?

Reaction score
    So i played for a few hours... sold stuff built soem ships... then decided to go and explore.

First dissapoitnment was that planets are flat tiny disks of rock.

So i flew mroe and more and it felt as if im repeating same tiny section of space over and over again - mined tons of rocks and materials of space stations and panets and sold it... and still nothing interesting.

I dont care about pvp - its way too stressful just to get blown up by old wannabe grinders who think its "fun".

Navigating is hell - in about 10 minutes i lost any indication of the small space station i built and never found it again.

So besides just building big stuff and the grind-pvp ( fun for some?) - what else is there, anything worth exploring or worth the time fying at 49.0 to deep space for hours?

Any interactivity with anything ( the space stations i found... just... were there for me to salvage.. nothign else).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    There is nothing else.

There are factories and manufacturing, but it\'s completely pointless and a waste of time.

It\'s just a \'sandbox\' \'game\'.

You can find your old space station again if you want though, load up the launcher, go to the Tools option, then to View Indexed Database, then have a look for the name you gave your station, and the X, Y, and Z co-ordinates that it gives you are equivalent to the sector it\'s in.

Reaction score
    yeah.. so gotta rather wait for release then.. alpha was.... fun for a 4-5h - now repetition kicked in and i just flew into the sun.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    SM is currently akin to MC. You do what you want. If you have suggestions of what would entertain you for alone play, please make a topic under Suggestion.

Reaction score
    As with all sandbox games , you have to create your own purpose.

The main draw of starmade is ship building , though it takes considerable effort to design and complete something screenshot-worthy.

There is no meaningful PvP to speak of at the moment.

While some people stretch things with convoluted roleplay , it\'s simpler to invent competitions like races and obstacle courses. Plenty to do in starmade provided you\'re not alone.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    We make our own fun by hosting tournaments in the Thunderdome and races. http://starmade.timelessname.com/

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Don\'t forget the game is still in Alpha, with only 1 dev. It\'s too early to get bored.

Like telling your unborn child \"You ungrateful idiot, is this how you repay me after everything I\'ve done for you?\", no you gotta wait for them to be in high school/college first.

When mod support is added, there will be tons of new stuff from dozens of mod developpers.

Be patient, play with friends, challenge yourself.

Reaction score
    one of the better options is to enhance your local pirates. give them a large variety of ships to play with (The pirate project shows promise) and then spend your time (Like in minecraft) creating bases to hold them off.

There are obviously ways to make things easier, such as adding faction modules to make your base immune, but if you consider those \'cheatery\' options (like using NEI in minecraft) and choose not to use them, The game is a lot more fun. pirate battles, large-scale construction, repairing structures, thriving in a hostile universe...