So the incoming AMC change...

Reaction score
    Doesn't it make shotgun arrays THE most effective design (Well, even more effective than it already is).

I mean, stacked AMCs already lose to 1-block shotguns in terms of DPS and no matter how strong an AMC is, it can only break a single block per shot.

Ah well, there's time for one last hurrah before my designs turn into junk. Coming up next: Shotgun Boxships.

Reaction score
    The problem with shotgun arrays is that they have close to no range. Fly more than a few hundred meters away from them and the ship is defenseless

Reaction score
    The limit to vision radius is around 800m, a single block AMC has 330 range, that\'s nearly half of that.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Thank her for Schema adding chain docking in the prebuild, and he said that the weapons systems in general will change far more than you can see right now. There will be something new, that will , hopefully, eliminate the usefulness of boxships.

Reaction score
    Shotgun ships can have more than one AMC per group, but the key design trait is using a ton of rather small (12 or less usually) groups of AMC in a checkerboarded or double checkerboarded pattern.
    Once you get to 12 AMC, range is less of an issue if your thrust is decent since any sniper turrets/ships won\'t be able to do enough damage to stop you in time unless they\'re utterly massive.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    A hard limit to the number of individual AMCs a single computer can control would effectively neuter shotgun type ships... although how well received would that be in the community?

Reaction score
    Very well by everyone that doesn\'t abuse it.

Less lag

Better fights

Whats not to like? ;)