So.. the anti-gravity stop effect..

Reaction score
    Just built a huge chunk of the stop effect modules in my ship, and it gives me an effective 5.9% anti-gravity rating.

Using that math, for the size of my ship, around 90% of the total volume has to be stop effect modules for me to achieve a complete anti-gravity system.

Sounds legit, may as well remove it from the game.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Stop only Nullifies the effect of natural Gravity, like Planets o -o
    The Main uses for those would be Transport that would have to act within the Gravity, or maybe heavy fighters who were lacking in thrust somewhat.

Kinda sounds like you trying to make a Large warship with full effect?

Reaction score
    My ship is 95/31/125 dimensions at the moment, I wanted to create an ant-gravity system that allowed it to hover in a planet's atmosphere and fulfil it's role as a bomber.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    lol they need to buff it. schema PLS BUFF!

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I was under the assumption all passive/active effects were suppose to be working along the lines of 1 block per mass to get 100%, would make more sense like that o -o I dunno.

But if you are making a planet bomber, why not just bomb from orbit? would be much easier to keep it steady then.

Reaction score
    I was under the assumption all passive/active effects were suppose to be working along the lines of 1 block per mass to get 100%, would make more sense like that o -o I dunno.

But if you are making a planet bomber, why not just bomb from orbit? would be much easier to keep it steady then.
    I will probably do that, but the idea of hovering in a planet's atmosphere without succumbing to gravity just sounded really cool, but I guess it's a pipe dream with the math behind that stop effect.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I guess you could just hover at the borderline gravity but still

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    they definitely need to buff some of the passive effects cuz some of them too weak to be practical.

like for instance the push effect works wonders on ships that r small but as you get bigger ships the efficiency per block drops like a lead balloon to the point you would need to absurd number of blocks to get any kind of thrust.

1:1 mass to block ratio sounds alright on paper but its becomes unpractical since that space would be better suited for thrusters rather than any of the movement blocks

this makes my cruse control system very difficult to use in bigger ships and why include these movement effects if thrusters out classes them in everyway possible?

Last edited:

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Lol.

08:30. Stop modules!
    ...And thats why I started putting stop/pull effects on my turrets. manuverablity does you nothing if you're frozen in place/ brought closer in to turret flak

Reaction score
    Sounds legit, may as well remove it from the game.
    I am with you there. I actually made a balancing suggestion to Calbiri in the tester's forum, but obviously he wouldn't have it.
    The suggestion included raising the multiplier, so that you would need around 7% of your blocks to be stop modules. I think that would be fair, considering how useful the effect actually is and how much 7% are.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    Please don't assume that no direct response on a thread and no change in-game (so far) means we are against something.

I need another control point integer in the config to start properly adjusting these values, I've requested schema include them, and its on our to-do list, as are other mechanic changes to improve the control and feel of ship systems. I've been aware that the defense effects are effectively broken in how the ratio's that they require, I'm also aware that although schema has capped the bonus's at 100% (whereas they were previously able to get into the 2000% or higher range by sneaky players) this hasnt solved the issue of ships reaching 100% bonus in multiple systems on particularly small ships.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Please don't assume that no direct response on a thread and no change in-game (so far) means we are against something.

I need another control point integer in the config to start properly adjusting these values, I've requested schema include them, and its on our to-do list, as are other mechanic changes to improve the control and feel of ship systems. I've been aware that the defense effects are effectively broken in how the ratio's that they require, I'm also aware that although schema has capped the bonus's at 100% (whereas they were previously able to get into the 2000% or higher range by sneaky players) this hasnt solved the issue of ships reaching 100% bonus in multiple systems on particularly small ships.
    SMALL SHIPS OP!!! PLZ NERF!!!

Reaction score
    It should be more like 20% of the mass to get the full passive effect. That would still be a fifth of the ship's mass, which is still a lot.

EDIT: Also, what s the advantage of big ships going to be? I know I want evenness not flipping the table over and smashing the top because the top was made of gold.

Reactions: Unnamed25
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, when a small ship has full ion it's kinda ridiculous. Let me just park in front of a cruiser doing a weapons test, not a problem. Shouldn't ion effect be shield damage / (1 + ion) or something that won't give you invincibility ever?

For that matter, the push and pull effects can't accelerate anything past the server max speed, even if the ship has overdrive on. With the larger sectors, this means that it's close to impossible, if not outright impossible, to do sector-flinging mass drivers.

Also, the passive push and pull effects should probably get a buff, because they do very little even at 100%.

Reaction score
    Well, when a small ship has full ion it's kinda ridiculous. Let me just park in front of a cruiser doing a weapons test, not a problem. Shouldn't ion effect be shield damage / (1 + ion) or something that won't give you invincibility ever?

For that matter, the push and pull effects can't accelerate anything past the server max speed, even if the ship has overdrive on. With the larger sectors, this means that it's close to impossible, if not outright impossible, to do sector-flinging mass drivers.

Also, the passive push and pull effects should probably get a buff, because they do very little even at 100%.
    It's all about proper balancing of each individual system based off actual gameplay. Very little of which seems to happen when all these new things come out.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    It's all about proper balancing of each individual system based off actual gameplay. Very little of which seems to happen when all these new things come out.
    Give us the ability to customize the maximum extent of the effects, and we'll be fine once you get the feedback into the vanilla config.

Also, on the note of the config:
    The shield and thrust values have a pre-multiplier and a post-multiplier value. These are redundant.
    value = post-multiplier * (pre-multiplier * block count) ^power
    value = post-multiplier * pre-multiplier ^power * block count ^power
    value = (post-multiplier * pre-multiplier ^power) * block count ^power
    Notice that (post-multiplier * pre-multiplier ^power) is a constant, and can therefore be combined into one constant.