Bug So, just thought I would throw it out there, update slows bigger builds

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I have a ship that has been under construction for quite some time. It's fairly large, 2.2k by 1.3k by 800. After this update, the load the game put on the GPU is massive now. I used to lose FPS when I was looking at the inside of the ship, but once I got outside everything was fine again. This has ceased to happen. Now, no matter what, when that ship is loaded, the game is so slow I can no longer resume construction. Not sure what I can do, or what might need to happen in game, just thought I would throw it out there

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I also noticed a CONSIDERABLE difference in debug backup file size. Like, the standard was 65kb, and now it's like 15848kb. Five digits.

Reaction score
    Yep... another update and yet another performance hit. I already did what I could using the tips in the sticky "people with slow computers" and got my CPU usage down from 128 doing nothing but moving around as astronaut, to getting in a ship, moving through sectors, and experiencing the frequent CPU spikes that reach into the 300+ range. I managed to get my CPU usage down to -the 70s-80s with less sever spiking. Now, with this update, if I'm completely still it will stay in the 70-80 range. However, once I turn and look at my ship I'm at 98 to a little over 100 with the added bonus that looking at my medium size ship causes more lag and the CPU spikes are back.

Is this all for the debris system? Even though they did improve and pretty much completely remove the momentary freeze on missile impact to resulting explosion and damage with this update, I just hope its addition and future optimization and graphical changes will not keep creeping CPU usage up and up, so much that players with lesser video-cards will need a config switch so it can just be turned off. (which is what I wish I could do now - to remove some of the lag endured even when nothing is being "cannoned, missiled, or beamed" to produce debris from this new lurking system)

I know, I know. We are in ALPHA after all. (and to stumble upon a game of this quality and genre, in alpha doesn't happen very often. Maybe I'm just greedy. )

...back to playing.