So i tried to make a drone launcher....

Reaction score
    It seems that the stuff i watched videos on does not work in the game anymore?

i tried every set up to try to push the drones out of the box, but it seem that the only thing you can push is enemy ships?
    And the pulse seems to appear at some arbitrary distance from the push pulse cannon as well?

Is there any working way to launch drones aside from just shoving them up in the air and undocking them?

Dont need anything fancy with 500 logic circuits, just trying to avoid 500 moving parts

Reactions: pietrko
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    It sounds like you are using push pulse. Have you tried using a 100% push effect on a cannon weapon?

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Beam/cannon/push or cannon/cannon/push usually does the trick :D

Push pulse (the weapon, not damage pulse with push effect) is bugged I believe, it doesn't actually push anything from what I heard.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Beam/cannon/push or cannon/cannon/push usually does the trick :D

Push pulse (the weapon, not damage pulse with push effect) is bugged I believe, it doesn't actually push anything from what I heard.
    And it also does slight damage to the drones as well, it really needs to be redone

Reaction score
    can you not attach the weapons directly to the station?
    i was going to build a defensive lancher on my station, but found no weapons but push cannon will fire on it.
    turrets work fine.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    can you not attach the weapons directly to the station?
    i was going to build a defensive lancher on my station, but found no weapons but push cannon will fire on it.
    turrets work fine.
    You need to use logic to fire it. That way you can also have the entire undocking/pushing sequence done with a single click.

Reaction score
    oh i use logic, but mosyt weapons didnt fire when mounted direct to the station. turreted they shoot fine. and yes i exited build mofe

Reaction score
    Seems the space station is not a valid entity to fire weapons from directly.
    Works fine from a docked entity

Reaction score
    Push pulse module (the weapon) doesn't work in latest version 0.19538.
    Only things that's left are push effects.

Reaction score
    I have my drones push themselves, activated when they are undocked (no wireless), then turn off with logic after they clear their docked area.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    wiesshund , here are a couple of things I made to test concepts.

This is a beam with 100% push. You have to undock a ship from the rail first (using logic) then shoot it with the beam. You don't get a perfectly straight launch.

And here is one using collision and rods. It was more of a joke set up, but might work if you use something that pokes rather than swinging.

And I don't have a video showing the actual launch, but you could also use something like this (skip to 3:20 to see it work):
    and just have the ships detatch when the rod is fully extended.