So, I got myself a bit of a problem :/

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So for the past four days, I have really been enjoying the Ragnarock galaxy community, and I'm really longing to join in on the RP and become successful at successful things.

But, here's the catch.

I've designed three ships so far to be my main-use ship (For RP, and general errands and the like), and all three needed to be scrapped, either because they looked like doom cubes, they were just too big, or looked like a flying turd... (No, I'm not joking, I tried to re-create THIS ship, and ended up with a flying brown turd....)

If you can't tell already, ship looks are not my thing :/ I loooove building an efficient system that runs as well as it possibly can in the space I'm given., however, that doesn't translate well when ships that look good always have unneeded blocks for designs and interiors....

I really don't want to spend another four days trying to assemble a general-purpose ship... Does anyone have any tips or tricks that can help me? I really want to spend more time gathering resources to build my home base/station than working on a general-purpose ship in order to actually participate in the server....

Reactions: Lidren
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You can try some of the ships in the catalog, or commission one from one of the known shipyards. If neither of those suits you, there's quite a few who would be willing to help you with learning some design tricks. Including me! Catch me when I'm on and I think I can help you out.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Googling 'concept space ships' and attempt to recreate everything you see that catches your eye. Keep this up until you think you can do a faithful recreation, and then start mixing up bits of one ship or another. See if you can make them look better than the original... Or just different without looking worse. All the advice I could give ends up translating to moar practice, sadly.

Reactions: CyberTao and Lidren
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    You can try some of the ships in the catalog, or commission one from one of the known shipyards. If neither of those suits you, there's quite a few who would be willing to help you with learning some design tricks. Including me! Catch me when I'm on and I think I can help you out.
    If you don't mind, sure, ill take you up on that offer It probably wont be until after Christmas though that I ask.^_^
    Googling 'concept space ships' and attempt to recreate everything you see that catches your eye. Keep this up until you think you can do a faithful recreation, and then start mixing up bits of one ship or another. See if you can make them look better than the original... Or just different without looking worse. All the advice I could give ends up translating to moar practice, sadly.
    I'll definitely give that a shot. Thanks!

Reactions: Lidren
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    MrFurb is very correct though. I started with ships that looked like ground up refuse, over a year and a half have improved with every build...OK, almost every build, definitely some steps backward too. I'd like to say I could give you a quick and dirty that would make you a master builder, but all I can give you is some more insight and tools that might help you self-improve.