Status
    Not open for further replies.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Reminds me of the Aeon from Supreme Commander. Slap white with some green on and its perfect!

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    What is this a model of? it looks familiar and I cant shake it :/

Reaction score
    What is this a model of? it looks familiar and I cant shake it :/
    this is a mash of Halo and other scifi ships the idea of this ship was from a book Halo: The Fall of Reach it is a Sleeper ship, sleeper ships are almost like the borg.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Needs some lighting on the vents... where's the airlock?

Reaction score
    Lies.

It is neither Halo, nor other sci-fi, nor is it your own.

This is the Alliance Sleeper ship from Freelancer (2003)

The 3d model is available here (paid version)
    http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/sleepership-freelancer-space-3d-3ds/713764

And I'm sure a free one could be found if you looked hard enough.

I have nothing against the use of 3d models in Starmade, however, you should not lie about their origin nor claim them to be your own.

Reaction score
    Lies.

It is neither Halo, nor other sci-fi, nor is it your own.

This is the Alliance Sleeper ship from Freelancer (2003)

The 3d model is available here (paid version)
    http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/sleepership-freelancer-space-3d-3ds/713764

And I'm sure a free one could be found if you looked hard enough.

I have nothing against the use of 3d models in Starmade, however, you should not lie about their origin nor claim them to be your own.
    Seriously. The model in the OP obviously isn't based on the model you linked. Also, it's totally impossible to make a model themselves, is it?

Reaction score
    Seriously. The model in the OP obviously isn't based on the model you linked. Also, it's totally impossible to make a model themselves, is it?
    Please click OPs link to the imgur album, and compare all pictures, especially the identical engine block. While the sample pictures used on the 3d model site aren't ideal, those of us familiar with the original in game will see that it is identical.

Reactions: therimmer96
    Reaction score
    Please click OPs link to the imgur album, and compare all pictures, especially the identical engine block. While the sample pictures used on the 3d model site aren't ideal, those of us familiar with the original in game will see that it is identical.
    I did. Please tell me where the model has the round shapes that the ships has on the dorsal, as well as the ventral side.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    I did. Please tell me where the model has the round shapes that the ships has on the dorsal, as well as the ventral side.
    Because Blender doesn't have a basic sphere tool does it... Look at this guys history. He is known for stealing peoples work, and this time hoped that a few small modifications and using an obscure source would throw us off.

Reaction score
    Just been doing some snooping around, and it is VERY similar to the design here http://www.solcommand.com/2009/12/oltenia-sleeper-ship.html

Take off those domes near the side fins and it is practically identical. I think the issue here is that he has told us that this ship was design from "Halo and other scifi ships the idea of this ship was from a book Halo: The Fall of Reach it is a Sleeper." But as we can clearly see from the 3D model linked, it is clearly HEAVILY based off of the sleepership design from the game Freelance. However, I will give him the benefit of doubt. We shall see if any other evidence is brought forward.

Reaction score
    lol wrong again I looked at this model he post that is a completely different model

Reaction score

therimmer96

Reaction score
    well now those are closer but still not the same
    Then cite the original source you stole (which you haven't denied) and grow up. Stealing work on the internet never works, because people notice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.