Sneak changes to ship systems...

Reaction score
    Hi! Really nice stuff with the weapon updates and everything... love the new blocks!

But: There have been changes to thrusters (some times back ago), shields, power tanks and i suspect to power generators aswell that were never really communicated... i could not find any patch notes/news posts talking about that (except after it was changed) all that came as surprise (and not as a good one).

Calbiri and whoever it may concern: Please, give us real patchnotes!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reactions: xandervm
    Reaction score
    Like what exactly?
    Like: Hey, thruster mechanics will get changed, the designs everyone used before will be completely obsolete... hey we are totally rebalancing shield mechanics, hey small power storage systems will become viable but then don't scale as well as they used to...

It is not like i don't like those changes, shields need some more balancing love... but the new thruster mechanics are way better than before, all i expect is some communications beforehand.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Power tanks were changed so that they are more effective in smaller amounts now. The formula (where y=power storage , x=amount of tanks) used to be:
    Y=x^1.75

Now it's something like (don't remember exactly):
    Y=((x+1000)^1.05))

So basically, the value starts at 1000 power (instead of 1) but increases much slower. The crossing point between old and new formulas is around 35 billion power. So it's a buff before that and a nerf after.

As for thrusters they work with "box dimension" now, quick way to verify this: Make a thruster line 50 blocks long on the z axis and 50 blocks long on the x axis. Ok, now add a single block in the y axis, notice the gigantic increase? Now add 10 blocks on the Y axis (and then you should get it).

Hope this helps :D

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    No, i think you misunderstood me :)

I know of those changes (but i would be interested in where you got those formulas, frankly i am a bit sceptical about those numbers)

Maybe i am just stupid or never read the right forum posts but i always only learn of those changes when i wonder why my shipstats changed so dramatically :eek:

Reaction score
    • Arrrty Gold
    Well, there's a NEWS section. You can check that place from time to time for updates.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    No, i think you misunderstood me :)

I know of those changes (but i would be interested in where you got those formulas, frankly i am a bit sceptical about those numbers)

Maybe i am just stupid or never read the right forum posts but i always only learn of those changes when i wonder why my shipstats changed so dramatically :eek:
    I got those formulas from schema :p. The second (new) one was from memory, though. It might be slightly different.

And yea, the changes weren't communicated apart from "stat adjustments".

Reaction score
    Well, there's a NEWS section. You can check that place from time to time for updates.
    Apparently i am lacking the necessary skills in communication and/or the English language to express myself, because i thought i complained about that neither the news, the update nor the game support section informs about those changes...