i will go nuts,tried everything

Last edited:

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I have suffered the same problem. Something to do with a new update, I'm sure. It's a real shame, I need to move the core on my next project and I can't do anything until it is moved, lol.

If I were to suggest, I'd try a fresh download for both, and if that doesn't work maybe rollback your fresh download an update or two, see if that works.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    it worked when i downloaded it 5 hrs ago,but the problem started when i extracted another SMedit.jar inside the other folder,and i changed the path inside the SMEdit to my other starmade instalation folder,since then.. both of them wont start,i deleted everything,both versions,everywhere,downloaded again,extracted them.. and just tried to start them,noup.

then i go to my task manager to see if it actually starts,it does.. but for 3 seconds,then it vanishes.. why? anyone?

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Yeah, wow, that's really strange. I don't even know what to suggest... perhaps someone could investigate the code?

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    the recent versions do not like something in the .json file in your home/user directory, delete that file and it should open and write its own one

Reaction score
    uh how do u get to the user directory? I have windows eight not finding the .json file and doing /user directory does nothing. finding a .josm file but not sure if thats the right thing or not.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I have suffered the same problem. Something to do with a new update, I'm sure. It's a real shame, I need to move the core on my next project and I can't do anything until it is moved, lol.

If I were to suggest, I'd try a fresh download for both, and if that doesn't work maybe rollback your fresh download an update or two, see if that works.
    you could set the build area to a massive size then copy paste it so that the core is at your desired location

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    1) That post is from Auguest

2) The ship is over 600 meters long

3) I tried, and it broke my SP universe

Reactions: Keptick