smedit version 1.03.92 messing around

Reaction score
    hi all ive been away along time after the death of my old computer . ok so just been playing around with smedit and the new game version is anyone else getting the issue that arises with rail dock enhancers not being able to detect power system and mass once you've moved core in smedit? . to explain I can import an obj and create blueprint load up stardae and blueprint loads fine everything working however when I repeat process but move the ship core to centre of newly imported obj file then save as blueprint, when I load up starmade everything seems to have worked perfectly however when I place down the rail dock enhancers in the ship entity info tab I can see it detects how many blocks I have of rail docking enhancers say 1000 however it no longer detects power just reads like power:no and regardless how many I place down total rail mass stays at 50 so my question anyone no a fix for this again been away nearly couple years so havnt really been keeping track of thingsd if anyone does know of a fix : legend ! thanks in advance

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Have yo tried saving the ship under another name in StarMade then spawning that new save, I know that opening a blueprint saved in SMedit can do some weird things.

Reaction score
    laflamme thanks for response man I havnt I'm gonna give it a go in a min thanks for suggestion heres to hoping it works !
    [DOUBLEPOST=1454012411,1454011280][/DOUBLEPOST]it worked you are a fucking legend! now to start actually building

Reaction score
    WOUNDED !
    [DOUBLEPOST=1454083831,1454083661][/DOUBLEPOST]ITS STILL F**CKED lol I guess new code for docking enhancers doesn't like smedit worth a try so annoying I can place them, down they work but as soon as I add any other type of block it goes back to not recognising the god dam enhancers
    [DOUBLEPOST=1454083954][/DOUBLEPOST]or if I save blueprint in game after adding power gen and tanks then enhancers all working when it spawns in new world it just reverts to not recognising them I wish this just worked....I guess starmade will have to wait another year before it takes more of my valuable time

Reaction score
    haha what a twat I am I didn't even know you could download previous builds of game I just made the blueprints in old version and saved then updated to latest version loaded the blueprints made in old version now everything is working no more dock enhancer fuck ups . happy

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    haha what a twat I am I didn't even know you could download previous builds of game I just made the blueprints in old version and saved then updated to latest version loaded the blueprints made in old version now everything is working no more dock enhancer fuck ups . happy
    What's the old version you're using? I'm also trying to get a hang of SMedit and it's not working lol
    What's the older version youre using so I can download that too?

Reaction score
    I tried it with the title of this thread smedit version and build 1616 of starmade thinking that would solve the issue however rail enhanser are still brocken on any obj blueprint produced I thought thast if I installed oldest verson of starmade 1616 then created my blueprint with smedit then loaded up blueprint iun the 1616 then saved blueprint reinstalled lastest version of starmade it would have worked but no matter what the new docking system is fucked it allows you to place enhancer but if yopu put down 12 10 by 10 blocks of enhancers the ship fails to recognise the enhancers connected I cant get it to work no matter what really ANNOYING TBH IT JUST MESSES UP AS SOON AS I ADD ANY TYPE OF LOGIC ASWELl I gues smedit it proper messed up as I works to a degree but if you wanna add any new systems to your imported ship it wont work such a shame!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1454347366,1454346742][/DOUBLEPOST]also its not just obj imported blueprints I managed to find an old blueprint of a ship I built from scratch on a memory stick from when I was last interested in game however the same thing is happening with this blueprint everything else seems to work just no one of the new blocks like detection ring modules ect and as soon as logig is add the rail system just messes up everytime

Reaction score
    ok turns out I needed to learn more about how the rail enhancers work in relation to power .......basically I didn't have enough power to sustain the rail enhancers I hadn't realise that they depended on power levels I thought you just added em and that would be it however they actual use require power ... so thanks a lot to the star made support team member andy puttmann who explained this to me asnd for his patients so I can now confirm smedit is working fine if you just want to import a obj to the game hope this helps other well on my comp smedit works I have it set to 16gbs of memory you just cant open blueprints which you create in game hope helps

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    It says this to me when I try to upload my OBJ file I created to SMedit
    Error executing plugin
    Plugin: Import/OBJ
    Arguments:

• file := C:\Users\Alex\Documents\3dm-t-invadr.obj
    • longestDimension := 1000
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at jo.sm.data.UndoBuffer.checkpoint(UndoBuffer.java:57)
    at jo.sm.ui.act.plugin.BlocksPluginAction$1.run(BlocksPluginAction.java:83)
    at jo.sm.logic.RunnableLogic$1.run(RunnableLogic.java:37)

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Smedit is SEVERELY outdated. the last version came out what... over a year ago? So yea, don't expect it to work with the current versions of the game.

Reaction score
    fire of void : this is the version of smedit I use all I did was extract into my starmade folder there was no jo sm only exe if you delete the smedit associated files you already installed and try this , you have to click on exe inside actual starmade folder with however the only things I can get to work is simply import obj then save as blueprint then try this if you've got 16 gb of ram I suggest set memory to this aswell as helps with bigger ships set as this max size ship is 2400 m, it does appear to freeze so little patients once you load ship in game thenm you can see where core ended up then count how many blocks you need to move core in game to position you want then delete your first blueprint fire up smedit go to import obj let it gen then wait roughly a min for it to catch up then go to modify then move put in cords to move core click done then wait... eventually it reloads your ship with core moved then click file save as blueprint not save also don't edit colours of blocks or any of the features only two that work are import obj and in modify menu move if you attempt anything else it gives all sorts of errors hope this helps I don't have and jo_sm files as far as I'm aware hope this helps
    [DOUBLEPOST=1454525419,1454525231][/DOUBLEPOST]also go on java website check you have current up to date version and that you have deleted all old versions of java as I have had this before when I still had two versions of java conflicting
    [DOUBLEPOST=1454525587][/DOUBLEPOST]it may also be worth to completely uninstall starmade from computer then reinstall and then extract the smedit again this way stops any further errors
    [DOUBLEPOST=1454525715][/DOUBLEPOST]if still don't work send me the obj file and ill create a blueprint for you :)

Attachments