SMEdit not working?

Reaction score
    May be a crap question but I see a lot of posts saying that Smedit is not working at the moment with the current build, however, I have smedit and it seems to work for me just fine.

I can import, alter hulls move core change block and export to blueprint into the game, am I missing something that is not working correctly or?

Cheers
    Gareth

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Are you also reimporting pre-existing blueprints? That is the part that is impossible due to the nature of StarMade's development. I too have smedit working. Others cannot for some reason.

Reaction score
    That I have not tried, just working on model importing, but thanks for the info.

Reaction score
    The Texture arrays changed to include Rail stuff, etc. Just use an older version of starmade with SMedit and import the blueprint to your new starmade folder after working on it in SMedit.

ex.

C:/Starmade/StarmadeClientv.19228 <---Current non-usuable SMedit ver.

C:/Games/Starmade/StarmadeClientv.1917 <---Should work? Not tested this version. Point SMedit at this version

Basically have two editions of starmade. Then put SMedit in your MAIN starmade folder, but point it at your editing folder when you start it up. It will load the texture arrays from that version and resume being useful again.

If you don't know how to install new/old versions, just put the launcher somewhere else, run it, then click "Options & Repair" Choose a version you want from the list, and install it :D