Small Galaxy Map improvement

Reaction score
    Quick Summary of the idea

I don't know if this has been suggested at all, however here is my suggestion anyway.

The Galaxy map needs some sort of information summary system. What I propose is when you click on a star it will give you a small summary of the type of star; amount of stations and the amount of planets within that star system.

In more depth

The proposed system would also need to take into account star system ownership, so:

When star system is owned by your own or a friendly faction:
    • The Summary would include total amount of ships (perhaps total, friendly in green brackets and enemy in red brackets)
    • Station summary would include a similar feature to the coloured brackets mentioned above
    • All of this as well as the other basic summary information mentioned above.

When star system is owned by an enemy faction:
    • When owned by an enemy faction the summary would only include basic information about what is in that star system

When neutral:
    • When a star system is neutral you will be able to see if the stations are friendly, enemy or neutral.
    • However you will not be able to see whether ships within that sector are friendly, enemy or neutral.

So the information would be displayed like this:

- Star type
    - Planets in system
    - Total stations (Friendly) (Enemy) } Friendly and enemy tags in systems where applicable.
    - Total Ships (Friendly) (Enemy) }

I have no idea how easy this would be to implement and it is only a quick post so any issues you have on balance should be raised. Thanks for reading.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I agree, with the caveat that information should be really sparse unless you or a friendly faction member have performed a recent scan.

Idea for an optional faction relationships: no scan sharing, free scan sharing, scan results cost credits, scan results cost faction points

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Yeah a lot of this negates the need for scanners. So if this information is to be displayed then it should do so after a scan in the system. Since it is a snapshot it could tell you how old the intelligence is.

Reaction score
    Yeah a lot of this negates the need for scanners. So if this information is to be displayed then it should do so after a scan in the system. Since it is a snapshot it could tell you how old the intelligence is.
    I agree with you there, I forgot about scanners, presumably larger objects like planets wouldn't need a scan for you to know that they are there.