Small energy idea

Reaction score
    Only a small thing, but I think it would be cool if docked ships recharged energy from larger ships. It could be used in making realistic fighters and shuttlecraft. So say you give a fighter power tanks instead of power generators, and the fighters energy can be recharged by docking at a carrier, kind of like how turrets share energy with the ship they are docked to. Best of all, this would be optional, so in pvp people can add power generators to their fighters to make them independent. I think this would simply add another level of realism to the game, it wouldn't impact gameplay unless you did it deliberately, and it wouldn't be very difficult to code.

thoughts?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Don\'t see what could be wrong with this idea except maybe the coding part. I imagine there could be a menu for managing any docks that maybe connected to your ship. 4 energy options: power to turret, power to carrier, even powering, and close connection. You might be able to switch control from turret to carrier as well.

Reaction score
    Yeah, that\'s a good idea. Also, you could build ships specifically to carry and generate power, if generators that need input are added.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You could make mission-specific attachments for a ship, for example- you need to bomb a ship- d1000 computer and missiles attached in a pod onto your fighter.

Reaction score
    Yeah, that\'s why it\'s great. It is optional, adds realism, and is easy it impliment!