Small change to logic/rails interactions

Reaction score
    The one thing that bothers me about the current rails/logic interaction is that it doesn't make a lot of sense and a simple change could make things a lot more useful. Currently, a logic block next to a rail is only activated at the end of an action (moving into, docking...) and I think it would be a lot more useful if a logic update was send on enter and exit. When an entity is being moved onto a rail, it should activate high(on), signalling that something is on the rail. When it moves off, it should then go low (off). This would allow for testing if something docked or undocked as well as allowing for better lighting effects for lights that trail and/or lead a railed entity.

I think this could also be extended to rail dockers. If you dock to a rail, any logic block next to a rail docker should go high and remain there until it is undocked. This will allow for logic on child ships for folding wings when docked or unfolding when taking off. It could potentially be used to trigger AI blocks if that is implemented. It could be used to activate push beams for torpedo like weapons and many other unknown uses.

Thoughts, suggestions?