Small But Necessary Additon

Reaction score
    Hello, this is only really a small feature i would like to see in the new website. im sure many can agree that this has pissed of many of you so it would be a welcome addition.

Bottom line its this:

Make it so people cant re-upload existing ships.

im not sure how it would be done but if im looking for ships to try all i ever seem to find is people just constantly re-uploading existing ships, there are hundreds of Heldtechs and Pheonixes as well as a stupid number of Isanth's and all this does is annoy people looking for creative content, i mean seriously a huge chunk of all ships are just dupplicated and that upsets me as surley those who make them dont want other people copying them to try and take credit.

Thanks For Reading.

Reaction score
    Few actually have pictures anyway so I just use google to find inspiration.

Its not a \"necessary\" addition, only better moderation of uploads.

Reaction score
    but its harder to find ones that do just because you have to wad through duplications

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Main idea - Ship \'owner\'/Locked:

Each ship will have a persistant \'owner\', who is the player to first creat the ship. That player is the only player allowed to save the ship as a blueprint. So even if the player uploads it publicly, others can\'t just steal the ship and pass it off as their own as the ship is \'locked\' from others to save.

Adding other players for joint builds:

It would be possible through the use of the menu to add other players as an \'owner\' if it is a shared ship. Owners can also remove other owners, which might cause problems, and also add or remove \'trusted\' members. (see below)

Anyone added to the ship as \'trusted\' are able to save the ship themselves if they made changes etc. BUT they are still not the \'owner\' of the ship, but it is possible to see that it is that user who saved that design. This is useful if you wish others to build upon/change something, maybe from a faction or for a competition.

Removal of \'owner\'/Unlocked

There could also be the option to \'remove\' the owner from a ship. This would allow the ship to be saved infinite number of times. Although it could be adjusted so that whenever the ship is bought/spawned in that the player who did it is then the owner of THAT ship. They can do what they want with it but the original blueprint is still \'unlocked\'.

This is just my idea. Other additions could be that a ship has a password protection and that only people with pass can save it.

And obviously both ideas include storing data which can be changed. Even if the the Owner/Trusted data is encrypted, I\'m sure there is some unimaginative sod who would decrypt it and change it just to get someone else design.