Sloped Turret docking units.

Reaction score
    as the title suggests i am hereby suggesting a sloped turret docking unit, and perhaps a version for the regular docking units as well.

the slope would be the same as the slopes of existing building slopes, the textures would also be the same as far as possible.

when and if this gets implemented it will open up a whole lot of new building options involving turrets (and docking) while the change and addition itself probably is a rather easily made change/addition it would be a great new game mechanic and visual addition.

imagine sloped ships with proper sloped turrets on them.

let me know what you think and if we make this popular enough it might be added :D

Reaction score
    is there really nobody else interested in sloped docking possibillities??

also heres an image to give an idea to the people without any imagination...

JTJSniperBee

Cat Person
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    hmm sloped docking units is a good idea allowing angled carriers to have angled turrets

Reaction score
    HOW did no one think of this before! You sir are a true genius, Einstein has nothing on you!

Reaction score
    comparing me to Einstein is a bit much no?

anyways, thank you for the support people :D

Reaction score
    sloped enhancers while somewhat usefull and a good idea are not that interesting imho.

9 out of 10 times people tend to hide enhancers under a layer of hull anyway, the docking blocks are what interests me really, enhancers... not so much, though i would not complain if they got added ;).

Reaction score
    Is it possible? I understand that getting docking set up initially was a humongous hassle... I am unsure of how hard it would be to put it at a sloped angle. Don\'t get me wrong, I am all for it but I don\'t want Schema to be overburdened with a docking system when he could be working on engine improvements or resting.

Reaction score
    yes it is possible, and true initial setup was quite ahassle, but isnt everything in the beginning when starting from scratch? now the system is there it can easily be adapted, the biggest problem schema faces atm with docking is \'\'chain docking\'\' for this is weird stuff, i am simply requesting a additional repositioning option.

also schema wil be looking into docking for \'\'chain docking\'\' eventually so since i am suggesting this, why not try it :).

as for your other concerns, schema is probably working on that since those are more prioritized by him....

Reaction score
    this sounds good with this it will be possible to defend ships with a rl aircraft carier look to be deffed on more places than ony the to deck

Reaction score
    It would be definitively nice to slap turrets effectively on something else than rectangles