Sliding doors

• Thread starter Deleted member 392097
    • Start date
    D

Deleted member 392097

It would be much better if you could make doors which would actually slide instead of just disappearing (Plex). You could achieve this in several different ways, either by just making doors which slowly disappear into the selected wall, or by making it so that there would be some sort of rail that blocks could use logic to slide on so that certain blocks could move into a space in the wall and act as a proper door.

Reaction score
    you can also have a several-tier activation delay to simulate motion on large doors.

Reaction score
    you can also have a several-tier activation delay to simulate motion on large doors.
    Which isn't practical nor pretty...

Anyway, I like the current way but you have to admit it feels fake and wrong somehow.

I think once more sounds are enabled it'll feel better. Right now they silently go away...weird.

Reactions: Ithirahad

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Do you just read news posts and then make a suggestion about it? Rails are already planned. Read the news posts.

D

Deleted member 392097

I just think that it would be really cool if in the future when there are more features, if you saw an intruder in your base and you could hit a button which would set off an intruder alert alarm, and there would be red lights flashing everywhere and all of the doors would be slowly closing and all the display screens would say "Lockdown" on them! And you would have all the doors really thick, and you could have some that were coming out of the wall, and others that were coming out of multiple walls to close! Oh dear... I've watched too many of those movies! :D

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    How do you actually get rails? And do you have to use them in connection with logic?
    This is different from the upcoming rail docking system, which was announced in a news post. It uses physical guiding rails of blocks and push/pull beams to open and close the door.

D

Deleted member 392097

This is different from the upcoming rail docking system, which was announced in a news post. It uses physical guiding rails of blocks and push/pull beams to open and close the door.
    Cool! Is it known how much progress they have made and how soon it will be released in the upcoming year? :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Don't think so. Schema said that GUI will be released first. And it's still not released.