Skin Compiler?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Just a random thought that I had while poking a suggestion. Would it be possible for someone to build a program that piece together a skin from smaller pieces, pull them apart again, and set different shading presets? It would allow people who may feel overwhelmed when looking at the full skin to customize skins bit by bit, and makes modifying skins easier since the part you want to edit is isolated.

To better try to explain, the program would divide up the player skin files into sections (head, left arm, body, etc) which can be edited, then applied to the actual skin png.
    Shader presets just means a handful of playertex_shading.pngs included that people can pick between (if this is even important), as well as select the glow colour (I think that is changeable).
    The program could also maybe render the player model before exporting for use, so people wont have to start and close the game continuously to tweak/fix their skins.

I dunno, I felt like it would be useful, but lack the ability to create such a thing. Don't suppose anyone here might be able to?

Last edited:

Master1398

Keep calm and quit raging
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    If i understoud right then you are requesting my StarMade Skin Generator?
    It doesn't have shading presets but in my opinion they aren't that important.

I've divided the player and the trader skin into parts. SMSG allows you to mix these parts to create a skin! Below are some

Note: These skins are all using the same suit parts but in a different color. The belt isn't part of SMSG but you can import it by downloading this image and using the programs import feature:

The original texture was created by AnnaShade017 and found use in her Tech-Dave skin.
    Another note: The belt originaly had lights but because SMSG can't handle glowing parts of imported textures the lights don't glow (yet).

Ingame views of skin created with SMSG

Is that what you are requesting?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Well shit, now I look like a knob, don't I? I really do need to check the modding section more often. Figured it would show a related thread if there was something similar out there, but it didn't. Gonna have to give this a poke now I suppose. Thank ya's.

Reaction score
    Well shit, now I look like a knob, don't I? I really do need to check the modding section more often. Figured it would show a related thread if there was something similar out there, but it didn't. Gonna have to give this a poke now I suppose. Thank ya's.
    Oh you crazy knob you <3 free hug

Thanks Master1398 I could use this