Sitting in Starmade!

Reaction score
    @Crimson-Artist Should get the forum badge just for that post, uppermost kek of the highest concentration.

So are we getting chairs or is it just a prequisite? I like the idea of the sitting animation being added so quick, all it takes now is a quick model.

I always have faith in Schema and the rest of Schine for this reason. God speed lads.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm so glad this was such a high priority for the community and schema :confused:

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    (On the tune of "we wish you a happy christmas")
    We wish you a happy sitting.
    We wish you a happy sitting.
    We wish you a happy sitting and good luck getting up.
    Because my weapons are locked on to you, you won't survive.
    We wish you a happy sitting and an incredible boom!

Yes, getting up takes a while. If you spot a ship while aitting on a station it will already be too late. Something I realised while I was sitting down and getting up today in starmade (and I sat down and got up A LOT!).

I doubt schema did a lot. I think Omni added the animation and schema then just made sure that it worked. It would have been something like the debris, which also just was a side project. One which we now can't live without, since it is so cool to see the block you just shot literally break into pieces.

So thank you devs!

Reaction score
    Yes. It's true.

Maybe people will finally stop building all those giant over elaborate chairs I hate some much. Even a single wedge is large compared to dave and if you go nuts in your chair creation (as epic as it may look) it's just way to big to be practically used by our protagonist. Well unless maybe your lore states your particular alien race is 4 meters tall then I guess bigger chairs work.
    I have to admit, that always drove me crazy too. Though even I was surprised at how much bigger the wedge was than Dave while making the animations. And I made Dave personally. o_O

Some of the chair designs people made were VERY creative and cool. Just... ingame, they were giant sculptures, not chairs.

Related note: While being able to sit on wedges is great I think having a "chair block" that can be the basis for more elebrate (within reason) seats would be appreciated.
    Pretty sure everyone can agree that actual chairs would be pretty awesome. But sitting on wedges ended up far more satisfying than I expected. For now, we just protend that they're real chairs. :D

I doubt schema did a lot. I think Omni added the animation and schema then just made sure that it worked. It would have been something like the debris, which also just was a side project. One which we now can't live without, since it is so cool to see the block you just shot literally break into pieces.

So thank you devs!
    Yup, was probably about the same amount of work as the debris. Done the same day as it was started. Only this time it was a way of answering a LONG running request from the community. (And myself, for that matter.)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    @Omni , will there eventually be a view change while sitting? Right now the view is always on the same height, and the only reason you know you're sitting is because you pressed the button O and you now can't move.

From 3rd person view it is fine, this only applies to the first person view.

That reminds me: I really need to get starting on a few things (a lot actually), like modding, ship designing, station designing, etc. (there is a lot of etc.).

Reaction score
    @Omni , will there eventually be a view change while sitting? Right now the view is always on the same height, and the only reason you know you're sitting is because you pressed the button O and you now can't move.

From 3rd person view it is fine, this only applies to the first person view.
    That's more Schema's end than mine. My general reaction would be "Of course, eventually," but not making any promises or official statements. ;) Still, it'd seem silly to never make the view change when sitting.

The details and frills of sitting will likely get worked out over time, but there will always be higher priority on more core issues and work.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The details and frills of sitting will likely get worked out over time, but there will always be higher priority on more core issues and work.
    Like really fast loading planets (in dev build), system capturing (in dev build) and stars being actual stars (probably in dev build too)? Keep the "other things" coming!