• Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Reactions: Winterhome
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    My reaction when I saw this:

Edit: It is in the dev build. Default key is O. It is really fun, and it will be especially helpful once the NPC crew does something.

Last edited:

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Starmade is complete now. We got jumpdrives and sitting-what else would you want in a space game?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    All is see is
    This page can’t be displayed
    • Make sure the web address https://www.youtube.com is correct.
    • Look for the page with your search engine.
    • Refresh the page in a few minutes.
    must be my slow internet[DOUBLEPOST=1414054416,1414054377][/DOUBLEPOST]All is see is
    This page can’t be displayed
    • Make sure the web address https://www.youtube.com is correct.
    • Look for the page with your search engine.
    • Refresh the page in a few minutes.
    must be my slow internet

Reaction score
    Chairs confirmed?....Chairs....Confirmed...

CHAIRS CONFIRMED YOU GUYS!

CHHHHHHHHHAAAAAIIIIIIIIRSSSSSSSS

COOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNFFFFIIIIIRRRMMMMMMMEEEEDDDDDDDD

STARMADE IS COMPLETE YEAHHH!

SPACE ENGINEERS CONFIRMED FOR INFERIOR CHAIRS

(Why hasn't this been introduced via a starmade news shot? I thought we were done with the new features being introduced by the mushroom guys?)

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Chairs confirmed?....Chairs....Confirmed...

CHAIRS CONFIRMED YOU GUYS!

(Why hasn't this been introduced via a starmade news shot? I thought we were done with the new features being introduced by the mushroom guys?)
    It's in the latest dev build, nobody had prior access to that. Mushroom fleet are just active enough to play each and every new build. An official news post will probably be made when it comes out of testing i imagine.

Also i love how this thread was a passive aggressive flame bait and turned into genuine excitement.

Reactions: jayman38
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Also i love how this thread was a passive aggressive flame bait and turned into genuine excitement.
    Honestly, didn't catch it the first time around, only because people have been asking for sitting for a while.

Reaction score
    Huh? It was troll bait? Weak ass bait, I didn't even notice it. Might be the hype clouding my supra senses though.

On second thoughts, the way it's worded does seem somewhat sarcastic.

Reaction score
    Can I still stand on a jumbled assortment of wedges that vaguely resembles a chair and pretend I'm sitting?

I fear change.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Yeah I caught that negativity aimed at Schema, but then I SAT DOWN and thought about it and decided to just ignore it. I think it's cool (the chairs, not the negativity) since I have tons of wedges which I have officially designated as chairs inside my ship. It's not my blinking Miller Beer sign, but at least I can sit at the bar now.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Maybe people will finally stop building all those giant over elaborate chairs I hate some much. Even a single wedge is large compared to dave and if you go nuts in your chair creation (as epic as it may look) it's just way to big to be practically used by our protagonist. Well unless maybe your lore states your particular alien race is 4 meters tall then I guess bigger chairs work.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Yeah I caught that negativity aimed at Schema, but then I SAT DOWN and thought about it and decided to just ignore it. I think it's cool (the chairs, not the negativity) since I have tons of wedges which I have officially designated as chairs inside my ship. It's not my blinking Miller Beer sign, but at least I can sit at the bar now.
    Animated bar sign blocks... oh my. One for the custom block sets!

Reaction score
    It's not my blinking Miller Beer sign, but at least I can sit at the bar now.
    You can make a blinking Miller Beer sign with logic if you want...

Ofcourse it'll propably be big enough that it makes more sense to mount the bar on the sign rather than the sign in the bar. :D

Also, SITTING! YEAH!

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Maybe people will finally stop building all those giant over elaborate chairs I hate some much. Even a single wedge is large compared to dave and if you go nuts in your chair creation (as epic as it may look) it's just way to big to be practically used by our protagonist. Well unless maybe your lore states your particular alien race is 4 meters tall then I guess bigger chairs work.
    Oh hell no, this gives me an even better reason to make gigantic thrones. Do you really hate creativity that much?

Unrelated note: We don't need "chairs" to be implemented if we can sit on anything, and therefore make our own chairs! What we need now is command chairs (or blocks) to control the ship from somewhere other than the core :)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I don't know whats better, the ability to sit or this thread. Just kidding (i love you chairs)

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Oh hell no, this gives me an even better reason to make gigantic thrones. Do you really hate creativity that much?

Unrelated note: We don't need "chairs" to be implemented if we can sit on anything, and therefore make our own chairs! What we need now is command chairs (or blocks) to control the ship from somewhere other than the core :)
    It's not that I hate creativity, I just prefer accuracy in scale over detail.

Related note: While being able to sit on wedges is great I think having a "chair block" that can be the basis for more elebrate (within reason) seats would be appreciated. I myself have three levels of "chair" and the lowest level being just a wedge it would be nice if we had something more chair-like.

Reactions: JimmyJamba

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Related note: While being able to sit on wedges is great I think having a "chair block" that can be the basis for more elebrate (within reason) seats would be appreciated. I myself have three levels of "chair" and the lowest level being just a wedge it would be nice if we had something more chair-like.
    heres hoping that now that we have an actual sitting animation we still will be getting a proper chair block that we can connect to the core/systems