Bug Site issues since data migration (1st June 2016)

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Colour picker and a number of other chat features are not available in chat
    Post any problems you encounter, this list will be updated and bugs fixed.

Croquelune

An Imaginary Number's officer
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Today at 2am30 GMT+1, I wasn't able to post more than 1 line in chat, then the chat box was unclikable/unreachable. I had to CTRL+F5 to reload page and be able to write 1 only line again. The only way to use it was to repeat that process again and again.
    I'd still logged and didn't suffer any disconnection during process that time.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Today at 2am30 GMT+1, I wasn't able to post more than 1 line in chat, then the chat box was unclikable/unreachable. I had to CTRL+F5 to reload page and be able to write 1 only line again. The only way to use it was to repeat that process again and again.
    I'd still logged and didn't suffer any disconnection during process that time.
    Is this still happening? This was before the migration was complete, so it should not be occurring anymore.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Earlier today, the site went completely down on my side. Just relieved that it's over now. I wonder, did the site go down completely for the data migration, or was that the result of technical difficulties?

Reactions: Master_Artificer

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Earlier today, the site went completely down on my side. Just relieved that it's over now. I wonder, did the site go down completely for the data migration, or was that the result of technical difficulties?
    Wasn't just you, I think it was for everyone.

Reactions: Trekkerjoe

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Wasn't just you, I think it was for everyone.
    Yes, this was due to technical difficulties. The migration is not finished completely yet, it looks like uptime monitoring isn't working as it displayed this site as online the entire time. This will be fixed today. The extended period of downtime was due to no one being around during those hours, and no notifications being sent out. It shouldn't happen again.

The site will have to go down for about 20 mins to fix the issue with the crash, I'll try to schedule it at a low point. If the site maxes load before then, we'll have to do it earlier.

We've moved off the servers we've been using for the past 3 years now and made some large changes to configurations, so there might be a couple of things a little off.