Singleplayer - Interferes With Internet

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Typically I play singleplayer starmade while watching videos on a second monitor. Recently I've noticed that streaming videos and internet connectivity vanish while playing StarMade. I tested this by starting a video, then starting Starmade. The video ran to the point where it had buffered, then got stuck. It unstuck when I closed StarMade. Next, I tried an internet speed test. Without StarMade running I got ~5MBps connectivity. With StarMade running the test could not connect at all.

As best I can tell, running StarMade in singlplayer kills your internet connection.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    That\'s strange. I\'ve had it running for a few hours now, with no loss of connection...

All I can think of is update java, and maybe the network adapter driver. Need more information about your system to try to help further.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Have you tried running a dedicated server and logging in from another machine on your local network?
    There\'s a chance somethign is going on when there is a client and server loaded into your machines memory. I suspect windows upnp is hanging. There is a chance your video driver might be to blame because the memroy is so filled up by the client that it has no room to load flash assets. That test I recommended would check for both issues.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks for the quick feedback!

I didn\'t have time to thouroughly test things last night. Was going to post specs today, but the latest update seems to have fixed the problem. Internet and Starmade work fine together again. Perhaps a stealthfix, or it could be intermittant. I\'ll post detailed software/hardware specs if it crops up again.