Singleplayer faction keeps dissapearing every now and then

Reaction score
    So I'm having this problem where in my singleplayer game my faction keeps dissapearing. Faction just stops existing and all the ships say "factionUnknown" and the faction id that faction had. Trying to edit the faction with the id gives error "faction does not exist" and creating more faction will jump over the id of the now non existing faction

This has happened twice now and last time I played was like 4h ago and ahd like 1800 FP. Last faction reset happened like 8h from faction creation and second one lasted for like 4 days before going poof

Does anyone know whats going on? Is it a setting that deletes factions due to inactivity or something?

Also is there any fast way to faction up all the ships and turrets rather than going through them one by one?

Reaction score
    I haven't had this exactly problem but i did have my a weird faction bug happen to me recently. I made a new faction on a different world and it changes all the factions on my other worlds to the new one.

I would bet with all the changes to the database in recent time that might be the problem.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I've had my single player faction get deleted after a game crash a few times now. Also, my single player inventory is reset when this happens.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Please get us a logfile from exactly when that does happen. And if possible the last one just before that when it already was working properly.
    those Logs are in (starmade install folder)/logs . rename the log.txt.x files by adding another .txt and then drag and rop them into an answer here

Reaction score
    Mine does this every time I log in and out the past few days.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Theats .. please provide logfiles .. from one end of a session when it works and from the beginning of the next when it is broken !

Reaction score
    I'm not the one to ask for things like that :(

Where would I find it?

Reaction score
    • Tester
    where ever starmade was installed to there is a Logs folder.
    sort the files there by timestamp and choose the 2 fitting end and star of one session where it happend
    then add a .txt at their names end and drag and drop those files into a post here.

Reaction score
    Here is the logs. The log.0 is after this happened I used admin command to take control of all of the ships. Log.1 is when this happened I guess. Had to zip the files since logs were too large otherwise.

Included log.2 just incase it would have anything to do with this. Server logs show used commands
    [doublepost=1467528348,1467527569][/doublepost]Happened again new log.0 here.

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Tester
    sadly .. not enough logfiles to compare !

i am doing i wild guess here now and claim that everyone with a problem like that has the game installed to a place that is controlled by the OS or Virus scanner software. (like programfiles,download or desktop)

so please reinstall the game to a not affected install path like "C:\Starmade"
    you may want to copy the "server-database" and "blueprint" folders from the old install to the new one manually after that
    depending on what launcher is in use the path for the game is choosen here : Screenshot_11.jpg Screenshot_12.jpg

Reaction score
    Going a wild guess doesn't really help.

I could go and say its aliens and I could be as right with my guess. If its virus problem game needs to be less intrusive so virus scanner won't go around randomly blocking it.

I do not see any activity logs in my virus scanner so I will count this possibility out.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Got the same problem. Am providing 2 logs after and 3 logs before the issue. Hope it is solvable.

AV software Kaspersky Internet Security with up-to-date databases, if this information will be of any assistance.

Attachments