Singleplayer Creative/Admin

IKindaCrashAlot

Part of the Most Nefarious Faction in Starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I just started playing the game again recently. However, I found that in single player, the player has admin commands, can spawn in ships, etc.
    Is there a way to disable all of this in a single player world so that I can get a sense of accomplishment from my work?
    taking down pirates, selling their loot, and building ships is great and all, but the game wont be as satisfactory if I knew that I could've just spawned everything in in a minute's time rather than an hour or two of work.

--On a slightly unrelated note, the options menu after the game is launched no longer appears which allows you to change some settings I can't find elsewhere.

Reactions: Raisinbat
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    As far as I am aware, I don't think you can turn off admin or creative mode options. I understand not feeling accomplished if you use those options in your "Survival" universe, but if you don't use them you should still feel the same accomplishment. You shouldn't feel "Cheated" out of time just because you could have spawned things ether. Because the time spent in SP Survival can help teach you what you need to work on. For example when I played an SP Survival universe last, I learned I needed better small/cost effective stuff to start with.

What I'm getting at is don't feel bad for ether using or not using the tools at your disposal. Play how you feel like. I assume when the game gets closer to launch, the creative and survival modes will be their own things. Likely decided upon when you create the universe. Similar to most survival games that also have a creative mode.

Anyway, just my two cents on your issue.

Olxinos

French fry. Caution: very salty!
    Reaction score
    I just started playing the game again recently. However, I found that in single player, the player has admin commands, can spawn in ships, etc.
    Is there a way to disable all of this in a single player world so that I can get a sense of accomplishment from my work?
    taking down pirates, selling their loot, and building ships is great and all, but the game wont be as satisfactory if I knew that I could've just spawned everything in in a minute's time rather than an hour or two of work.
    Open StarMade's root directory, open admins.txt (it should be empty, as long as it is empty everyone is an admin). Add a name which isn't yours.

--On a slightly unrelated note, the options menu after the game is launched no longer appears which allows you to change some settings I can't find elsewhere.
    Even in "local game"->"Adv. settings" tab ?

Reactions: Raisinbat

Raisinbat

Raging Troll
    Reaction score
    but if you don't use them you should still feel the same accomplishment. You shouldn't feel "Cheated" out of time just because you could have spawned things ether
    I see this mentality way too often on the forums. You have to understand people enjoy games differently than you do, and just telling people to change the way they think is not helping anyone, it's just as condescending as telling people to "git gut" just the opposite direction. Like giving everyone in soccer their own ball.

This isn't how games work. Playing a game means trying to beat it, you can't just put an "instant win" button in a game and act like it's fine, people looking for the best way to win / get ahead are going to have the game ruined by it.

How do i get this big destroyer i want?
    1. Mine asteroids and craft my way to it
    2. Hunt pirates and trade loot for it
    3. admin command
    If you look at this as someone trying to find the best way to get a destroyer, having the third option sucks all the fun out of the game, because you're no longer trying to find the best way.

Play how you feel like
    We don't feel like playing the game a certain way, we'll play whichever way is 'better' because the journey doesn't matter, only the destination.

IKindaCrashAlot

Part of the Most Nefarious Faction in Starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Of course I still enjoy the game and play legitimately. I was just wondering if there was a way I could disable any sort of admin permissions on a strictly survival world I created.
    I don't have a mentality of just spawning things in, even now that I discovered these commands and options I refrain from using them.

Reaction score
    So you want an "Ironman" mode? Set Nickizzy as admin. Then open it to me. xD