Single Player Dynamics

If you have read through at least most of it, what might you think?

• This just isn't a good suggestion.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    Alright, I understand the state that this game is in, but I don't understand how difficult this might be. My idea is to add alliances and factions into single player. As you explore your world (single player) you find a barren wasteland filled with next to no life. This would fix that problem. You could join factions that you discover as you move forward in exploring the universe, and could make alliances with other factions, but also be rivals against others. Eventually there could be some sort of council in some central space station. You could place down blocks to put down council locations and how the meetings look like. For example, say that you have a round table, and you want to decide where to put the council members, and to make that specific room compatible for a council room, and there would be certain blocks for other rooms as well. You could buy those blocks from traders and place them down wherever necessary. Another thing is organizing armadas. As you meet other factions, they may have an army built up. If you want to you can organize their ships into armadas, you could set them up into various formations of your choosing. There could be a command menu for that. You could also build up your own army that could fight for you without having an alliance. You may also hire crew members to maintain ships or space stations to keep places from seeming too empty. In the process of hiring LARGE amounts of people, there could be people with missions in various rooms that you have set up, but only the various compatible rooms. The missions would be stored in an eBook which you could buy from the trader, and could access by left clicking (or right clicking if you have the reverse option on). The whole goal of this suggestion is to bring the dynamics of multiplayer battles and politics over to single player.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    NPCs factions (also ability to custom make these) are planned. I'm sure there will be also missions and a fleet options (flying with NPCs with basics formations). Crew members are already in game, so far they don't have many responsibilities, but it'll change. I think it's planned that they will man the turrets, fly ships, fight with invaders on the ship/station.

Unfortunately we don't know specifics of this mechanics, so we just need to play alpha and report bugs :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Please fix that wall of text... it hurts people's eyes to read... use paragraphs, please...
    This is a good point. But I'm here to comment not the content, not the layout.

To start off with, it's good ideas. I don't know about a whole councils system, but there does need to be more diversity to what factions do on Singleplayer. Currently, all we have is the Pirates and Traders, who shoot at each other on the odd occasion they meet.

I think that Pirates and Traders is all that is really needed for this game. However, they should be able to take over/construct bases, stations etc. Probably better to have the Traders start with a large number of stations/bases, and the pirates a small number. The pirates would then try take over trader stations, or abandoned ones or ones you build.

Also, the ability to join the Traders or Pirates would add for new dynamics. Joining the pirates and preying on huge convoys would be so much fun. (Could lead on to information leaks, radio surveillance etc) XD

Reaction score
    I would rly like to see a sector based system, so the factions each can obtain control over a sector by building their base in it or capturing the base thats alredy in there. Then the sector could get marked in the color of that faction on map. Also the Faction ships should patrol around this sectors in bigger numbers then elswhere...i mean its their territory :)
    Another idea i like, is having spawnable Sector Defenses. For the right amount of money you can spawn Space Turrets in a fixed Pattern around a Sector, so it is harder for enemy to attack it. This way it would get a bit of a strategic gameplay, because you need to get sectors that are rich of resources etc.