Single Player and Faction Points

Reaction score
    How does a someone in single player gain faction points? I owned 10 systems and the next day none of them due to -8500 faction points. I thought that single player is just that single player. I cannot invite players to my faction so I cannot gain points. Not trying to be nasty just asking.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    in single player you wont be able to earn faction points fast enough to own many systems.
    You will need to use admin commands to top up your faction points manually

/faction_point_add Faction_ID Amount_of_points_to_add

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You also gain faction points just by yourself being on, but it will only allow you to claim like one system.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    If you're feeling gutsy, you can try and edit the config file for that.
    Starmade/Data/config/FactionConfig.xml

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You also gain faction points just by yourself being on, but it will only allow you to claim like one system.
    Hmm, if the point system hasn't changed since it was introduced you can have 4 claimed systems in single player - at least I had some time ago - and still receive a little amount for every hour logged in. With 5 systems or more you start to lose points.

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Hmm, if the point system hasn't changed since it was introduced you can have 4 claimed systems in single player - at least I had some time ago - and still receive a little amount for every hour logged in. With 5 systems or more you start to lose points.

Greets,

Jan
    it also depends on how far they are, and how often you are on I believe. Does it use real time or just server up time?

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    we'll be able to gain faction points more readily when the quest system gets implemented. basically we will be able to do missions for various factions and be rewarded with FP and/or credits

Reactions: LeifRoss
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    it also depends on how far they are, and how often you are on I believe. Does it use real time or just server up time?
    In single player both would be the same wouldn't they, the time you play the server is up. The time the server is down is counted as off-line I presume. I have had a look at the faction stats window from time to time, but I think that's still being worked on, because I feel not everything is completely implemented yet.

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    In single player both would be the same wouldn't they, the time you play the server is up. The time the server is down is counted as off-line I presume. I have had a look at the faction stats window from time to time, but I think that's still being worked on, because I feel not everything is completely implemented yet.

Greets,

Jan
    Well real time = you don't play for a week therefore are not considered active and therefore don't get as much faction points and may loose territory while technically not even playing. I don't know if the game just looks at the date when you last logged in and compares it to the current date or if it specifically counts how long the server has been running since you last logged in. Realtime vs uptime.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    ...I don't know if the game just looks at the date when you last logged in and compares it to the current date or if it specifically counts how long the server has been running since you last logged in. Realtime vs uptime.
    Hmm, uptime, downtime, I'm not a server savvy myself<g>, but I think that when the server is switched off then being off-line as a player has no consequences. I've been toying too much with Unity 5 the last weeks, so done less to little in Starmade, and my faction points haven't gone down in my single player universe.
    In other words, when the server is running and you as a faction member aren't on-line then the negative points for being inactive are probably calculated, but as far as I can determine that's not the case in single player. ;)

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    It's something I have to test. Start two variants of the game, create a faction, leave one run, log off the other one. After a week check to see how many points each faction has.