Since 0.14...

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Since 0.14,(And the merge of render distance and max loaded option thing, which im sure is causing this) big ships like 1km long ones(and even a 460 long one!) seem to lag a lot for me FPS wise, when before my laptop loaded them with no problem, is there something i can do to make them stop lagging? I have tried lowering the render distance thing down to 500, but it still didn't work. And i also tried to change texture packs to the original one with no success.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I had similar problem. Playing with some advanced settings (at the bottom of the list) helped a lot. Unfortunately i don't remember which were these settings.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Since 0.14,(And the merge of render distance and max loaded option thing, which im sure is causing this) big ships like 1km long ones(and even a 460 long one!) seem to lag a lot for me FPS wise, when before my laptop loaded them with no problem, is there something i can do to make them stop lagging? I have tried lowering the render distance thing down to 500, but it still didn't work. And i also tried to change texture packs to the original one with no success.
    Since 0.14 several things could be using more resources.
    Try turning off all backgrounds, both procedural and default. Make sure 2D texture compression is on, turn normal mapping off.

I'm also playing on a laptop and these 3 steps increase my FPS by a huge amount. Hope it sorts out your lag problem.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Well, i got a better average FPS, but it didn't help on loading the ships.
    I even tried adding more ram but it became worse when i did :/
    Still gotta say thanks for the better FPS.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    In that case, you should change block resolution to 64; and turn off shield hit graphics, space particles, extra stars, beams, decrease view distance, despawn all asteroids in sectors where large builds are happening, destroy abandoned stations, disable system rotation, turn off shadows and sound, destroy all large builds after cataloguing, and decrease viewing angle. That is pretty much the bare minimum which I use for all large builds. Using less light also helps too.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I am OK with everything but the disabling shield graphics
    And not everyone is an admin on multiplayer..

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Then blow up all asteroids in the server on multiplayer, and if you don't like disabling shield graphics, then also forget about disabling beams (especially if you like mining).